1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS Challenge

Discussion in 'ITS' started by HellLois, Jan 22, 2018.

1. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

So Druze are gonna lose and something bad's going to happen to their roster. Got it.

The continued inability/unwillingness to correct for faction population count in these sorts of events is puzzling.

n21lv, Mahtamori and xagroth like this.
  3. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

I dont follow on what a personality is. Is it an entire chacter model choice like joan, achilles or saladin? Cause that is massive to lose for an entire year.

xagroth likes this.
  4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Well it doesn't say for a year, it says "until further notice" which could mean until the next ITS challenge is over, until they're earned back, for a month, for a year or potentially forever.

It could be that the characters chosen are ones that are seen as being used too often, that could do with some time on the bench to let others shine, but given @Hecaton 's somewhat founded misgivings, you probably don't have to worry about Joan either way...

5. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

I find removing a characters each from all factions but 3, which is determined by a global mini game, to be a bad solution if balance was the goal.

I don't care if certain characters require buffs or nerfs to put then back in line with balance. That is a regrettable but understandable event.

But to remove them under the guise of story for the competitive environment to be impacted and removed is something that i dislike.

Def as the tournament's of the ITS are not what is determining who stays or not!

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  6. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I love that you are trying to have connection between narrative and competitive play in general.

As long as it doesn't unbalance the game too much it's great. Like the improved hvt is a great example. (Bit and kiss was a marvelous idea !)

Or it could be a restriction like no more classified of this kind for x army.

Can't wait to see what you got in reserve !

Daniel Darko likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Restrictions are so fun... until they hit you. IF the winning faction were not decided simply by "the faction with more won games on ITS-sanctioned events, including one-shots" then it might be less... obviously rigged. But since it is, it's a contest between PanO and Nomads, with maybe YJ in the third place, with Haqquislam and Aleph being sure losers, simply because of how many people play each faction.

Incentives, on the other hand, are what this things should be about. Making the challenge about releasing the new Closed Battle Lists would be fun, for example, and it won't be a downwards spiral (where less people play the faction with more and more banned characters).

Barrogh and Pierzasty like this.
  8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Just divide the points with games played by that faction. With that value you can work and decide a true winner by efficiency. But that doesn't mean most data points which creates a new problem. A small faction most often cannot collect enough data to expose a larger one. This is not WikiLeaks. Or maybe it will be? Who knows what CB is planning...

9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That's not how the winning faction will be decided.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

So.... you wanna expose an Aleph "alleged CA sympathizer" using what, Arachne? Where Aleph is already the second coming of the Devil? Consider how Aleph already controls Maya (heck, it IS Maya), something not even PanO can do.

And yeah, there are tons of ways of compensating for differences in the amount of people who plays the factions. None have been mentioned.

It would be better if they gave more info, instead of keeping things as obscure as possible. And explain things themselves, instead of passing the ball to the Warcor community.

Hecaton and Bobman like this.
  11. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes, I've already requested that CB post that somewhere publicly...

Hecaton, xagroth and Balewolf like this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It's been done on https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/primer-desafio.1370/page-2#post-19894 in spanish, and I'm quite grateful for the points it explains (namely that the "ban" will be until the next challenge, and that the One Shots won't have an impact, because there are Satellites inside the challenge, and finally that the faction's population will be taken into account).

I apologize if I sounded rude, while being harsh was my intention I don't want to offend anybody.

13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Don't suppose we could get a translation on that post for us poor old gringos?

14. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

So I was wondering getting together this weekend to play with friends are the games we play be reported in the OTM for this campaign?

15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The main points are those I mentioned: CB will take population into consideration, the ban will be only until the next challenge starts (the original article said "until further notice" because they don't have a date for that next challenge atm), how they don't consider the one shots an imbalancing issue because there will be more than one Satellite Tournament during this challenge, and that the banned character will be back with some improvements, so I'm assuming they already decided which ones will take a nap and how will they come back.

As for the rest of the massive post, it's mostly expanding on their reasons, and explaining their reasonings, plus a vow to be more clear in the future with the official articles (which is very nice), all delivered with the usual (and I'm not being sarcastic here, in case there are some language misunderstandings) patience and calm that Hellois shows in his posts (I'm sure he has experience working directly with customers face to face, frankly).

You need the battles to be ITS ranked, so I assume you need to create an OTM entry, yes (validated with an ITS code, be it digital or physical)

16. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Well its never been really clear how much autonomy Aleph gives it's aspects, but if we assume that the majority of the recreations at least have some free will, it becomes possible. Then as far as I can see, nobody said anything about CA sympathisers, just traitors and treason. For instance Ariadna and yujing are 'allies' against CA right? but if Voronin or McGreagor found a cache of data about something that was classified by their superiors, that could really help YJ against CA(or possibly more realistically, PanO...) and passed it on, possibly for monetary benefit, without authorisation, then that's still treason. Light treason, but still treason.

The point about the warcors, I'm a bit undecided on to be honest. On one hand some stuff needs to be clear and public, but on the other hand some stuff going out through warcors is at least a part of the point of warcors...
    Now that said, @HellLois makes a point in the Spanish thread about oneshots letting people join in ITS without a big enough community, and no community suggests no warcors, therefore it is unlikely that the information disseminated through warcors will reach people who need to use the oneshots. In fact Scotland does not have a single warcor...

Hecaton, HellLois and xagroth like this.
  17. Nincoreween

You need the battles to be ITS ranked, so I assume you need to create an OTM entry, yes (validated with an ITS code, be it digital or physical)[/QUOTE]

Ok so I can set up a One Shot battles and make sure I get everyone registered with a pin number and then report it under the OTM as a single event and it will help give everyone credit for playing. I have used my ITS number before, but unsure about those that I'm playing with, but it will be a learning exp. to get it all together.

18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Ehr... I don't understand really what are you trying to say. I seem to understand that you want to buy a one shot, and report several people's battles using it? If so, that's not how they work. A One Shot is a code for the OTM that is single use, for a 1Vs1 game. Just that.

If you want several people to contribute, then you should better get a Tournament code, since those don't have a maximun number of participants, and you can hang out for example the whole month and do a 4 rounds tournament, one round per weekend (or hang out 3-4 rounds the same day, etc...), check the ITS PDF for the exact numbers of players, the mission setup, etc... so it all is valid.

#18 xagroth, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Danger Rose and Nincoreween like this.
  19. Nincoreween

Ehr... I don't understand really what are you trying to say. I seem to understand that you want to buy a one shot, and report several people's battles using it? If so, that's not how they work. A One Shot is a code for the OTM that is single use, for a 1Vs1 game. Just that.

If you want several people to contribute, then you should better get a Tournament code, since those don't have a maximun number of participants, and you can hang out for example the whole month and do a 4 rounds tournament, one round per weekend (or hang out 3-4 rounds the same day, etc...), check the ITS PDF for the exact numbers of players, the mission setup, etc... so it all is valid.[/QUOTE]

Ok that makes sense sorry I was confused because it just like four of us playing this weekend and thought the tournament packs were just for tournaments.

20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You have two options here, buy 2 One Shot packs (one per pair), or go for a Tournament pack, and you will play 3 games (the minimun of players is, if I remember right, precisely 4). So it's up to you all, if you want to hang out and play one, or three times (you can play a game per day if you want, just upload all data at the end).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation