1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

112 and kazak doctor

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by sorniak, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

More like about changing the profile so they can't use the old minis, but yes they do.

Urobros likes this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well those are 2 different problems then.

3. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

For me the go to comparison is the maverick FO. +1 point is about par everywhere else for a paramedic over a FO but....At least 19/.5 points on a maverick gets you a regular impetuous and an MSV..... To me that's what I was paying the .5 for. On a doctor I just don't see the logic behind the SWC charge. Especially with no impetuous or any form of tools.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I mean, I can definitely understand the Montesa complaints. It's ridiculous they didn't even attempt to make it so the model could be used as a dismounted version. :P

Reeeeeeeeeally unimpressed with this "update".

Urobros likes this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

My dude, that’s literally what I wrote. Please read the text you’re quoting.

6. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

Yeah, I can't help but be underwhelmed by the update either. What I was really hoping was the 112 gets a niche and the doc gets some linkable love to not be the odd man (now woman) out. The biker 112 seems pretty pricey for what's just a doctor on a bike. I'd almost rather pay the extra for the Dynamo. Just rely on med darts and decent PH. 9 more points and I save half SWC... and I get to toss mines at people.

I actually sorta liked the mini too...

7. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm happy with the profile, he is cheap (for TAK) he is useful and can win matches with smoke + doctor and has a shotgun for exploiting gaps. It fits quite well for 16 regular orders lists with TAK.
    In USARF and vanilla makes less sense but it can help MRRF

Try to make TAK lists and you will see how it gives some interesting tools to the mix. You can try 0swc hard hitting units to compensate the cost like the strelock T2 or the spetsnaz with shotgun.

Tartary Army Corps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    LINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    LINE KAZAK Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    LINE KAZAK Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    STRELOK (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    STRELOK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    RATNIK 2 Molotoks, 2 Panzerfausts / Heavy Pistol, Trench-hammer, Knife. (2 | 54)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Mimetism, AD: Parachutist) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 33)
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    112 (Motorized) Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 20)
    STRELOK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

8. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Who cares what he does for TAK?

Seriously. TAK had no issues. They won't until the next batch of Sectorials and rules. This is how CB operates.

The Holy Knight and Hecaton like this.
  9. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

It's internal balance I was talking of, sorry for not being precise. As you mentioned, MRRF as is currently is heavy on SWC. As a result, there is a significant opportunity cost for fielding 112. Would this guy cost zero SWC, he would be an auto include in Merovingia, and I dislike autoinclude models in ggeneral.
    On second thought maybe MRRF could got an SWC tax for internal balance like REMs in JSA.

10. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Or, you know, if you're playing around with SWC anyway... just remove some the old fashioned SWC costs from MRRF? Rather than penalising an already outdated sectorial?

Foxep, Hecaton and Randomcallsign like this.
  11. BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD Vampire Hunter

Like Dynamos, he can synch Civilians, for whatever that's worth. Color me pretty unlikely to take him at 1 SWC though.

12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You're playing the wrong game, then. CB loves them. Kaeltars, Posthumans, etc...

13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Especially considering Rescue has a difficult terrain zone, making Ariadna's bikes basically worthless.

14. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Wow what a huge let down. 1 SWC it's not like he has high Ava to warrant needing some limiter.

He's an expensive wip 13 doc with no cube rerolls. I would think the 8pt hike was enough payment. Others have pointed out the huge amount of coverage everyone else gets for that same price. And those models get cover, possibly mimetism, and no risk of losing your doc on a risky rescue.

Also no update for the kazak doc is super sad. Guess the new model will just collect dust or be proxy fodder.

Way to really kill my hype for those nice looking new models CB. :(

#34 Kreslack, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Pierzasty and Smiler like this.
  15. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

... Spetsnaz, Chasseurs, Volunteers, Uxia, Van Zant...

Hecaton likes this.
  16. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

I'm a bit impressed. Playing both Kazaks and USArf I still will not buy this box because of the themes and look of the minis. And that's weird. The paramedic line Kazak can be my doctor, looks quite better! A converted warcor works great as proxy for the 112 (I REALLY don't like the cheesy firefighter style). And any Grunt will look better as a Dozer for the Kazaks than this ugh pose. And why a knife, you have demo charges... And for my USArf, the unmounted biker with binoculars works as a great Dozer.
    Naaa, not happy

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation