1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will 2019 bring?

Discussion in 'News' started by RogueJello, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

I commend your effort to bring this thread into line with our wildly successful Sprit of the Forum (best thread of the year, right there), :smile: but no; the source of inspiration was Ardberg Corryvreckan, and here's my thinking:
    • The Infinity universe is already quite rich, but has plenty of scope for ongoing development
    • They have a large and cohesive back catalogue of high quality art and characters
    • Corvus Belli's game design team have demonstrated they can create quite different games
    • They're experienced with card design and production from Classified Objective and Aristeia cards
    • The CB team all like their Magic: the Gathering...
    My TWO predictions are Infinity N4 or a card game. The more I drink about it, the more I think the card game is more likely.

2. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to see an infinity tcg this year I would prefer to see vehicles in infinity and I'm talking gunships heavy mechs like gundam and mobile armors tanks armored carriers and some freaky bio versions for tohaa and CA

3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Not feasible IMO. Not at the scale of the game.

Should we ever get the small-sized-model-Infinity (say, 15mm, or 10mm, or what-it-could-be) to work on the real-sized unit scale, well, that would be making sense. Assuming that heavy mechs like Gundam do exist at all in Infinity universe (which personally I doubt). But what we do have seems to make sense at the squad / reinforced squad-sized scale we have. Vehicles? I'd say softskins, like buggies / jeeps and equivalent-sized armored cars could be making sense (though I'm perfectly hapy with Infinity not having them, except for representations like Mechanized Deployment rule).

If your table is 48" edge to edge, and your basic Rifle can shoot across 48", there simply isn't much space for gunships or tanks to operate.
    C'mon, man. It's Infinity, and not WH40K with cooler minis ;)

ZlaKhon, Abrilete, ev0k and 1 other person like this.
  4. redeemer

Last I checked warmachine is the same scale and gets huge robots I dont see why infinity can't as for gunships and tanks they can do what they do right now I guess it won't be infinity with those things added to the game perhaps a new game in the infinity universe that represents real fights not just small skirmishes

5. Errhile

You mean "same scale" as in model size?
    Because I meant "scale" as a scale of operations.

6. redeemer

I ment it as mini size the game scale depends on the points you play at and yes I really want to see what the artist of CB can do with carts tanks gunships and mechs bigger than tags

7. Errhile

Agree to disagree here, then.

That'd certainly be interesting, however, as I mentioned above, not interesting enough to see Infinity going down the 40k alley of (game)size creep.
    I definitely could see the merit of all the planes, trains & automobiles as scenery pieces in Infinity, but then again companies like Atenocities Workshop or Micro Art Studios have been doing that for years now.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  8. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

I expect shasvastii in 2019, I'd like to start this alien sectorial army with the new year, they're really peculiar and intrigue me, 2018 brought me many news, Tunguska, IA, Varuna, was a good year despite Uprising ( I play YJ)., I hope this new year will bring me the same good news or better.

redeemer likes this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

We've had this conversation a lot before.

An armored Humvee (about the bottom of the 'armored vehicle' range) is totally immune to 7.62NATO weapons. If we're going to allow that level of protection in the game, that would require you to bring weapons with the Anti-Materiel trait. You would probably have one such vehicle in the game, and if it gets killed, you'd lose. If it doesn't get killed, you win. That's not interesting gameplay.

Berjiz, Pen-dragon, Vtarin and 10 others like this.
  10. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

I may not be from the military but i agree 200% with that ! Throwing just a light armor in the fight is changing drastically the fight. If it's just implementing buggies, trikes or quad, it's just basically changing the skin of existing bikes.

Pen-dragon and Abrilete like this.
  11. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

If we're really honest, this probably what a TAG should be from a realism stand point, but it doesn't make for a really interesting game, which is why only the Jhotum comes close, and only in cover.

12. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

I disagree, there is a reason no military is really interested in armored mechs, its because they are inherently weaker then a vehicle would be with equivilant armor. Exposed weak points everywhere that cannot be armored (arms need to move, legs need to kick)

oldGregg likes this.
  13. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Sure, but there's a big difference between being armored against small arms fire, and being armored against anti-armor weapons.

I'd also point out that the ability of current tech to create a mech with the speed and flexibility of an infantry man also has a lot to do with that.

14. redeemer

The hmg and sniper rifles dont shoot with 7.62 NATO rounds even the sniper rifles nowadays shoot with50 caliber rounds not to mention all weapons in infinity shoot with thermal rounds like in mass effect no bullets think of them as lasers which due to scifi stuff work on everything and we did establish that it will take a major overhaul to introduce vehicles and heavy mechs to the game, which would make the game more of cool looking 40k and I doubt CB wants that at the moment.

Teslarod, chromedog and oldGregg like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Because in Warmachine a man-portable magical railgun and other sniper rifles have a range of 14" (you can get a Heavy Rifle Team to shoot further than this by placing it next to an Arcantrix Force Generator and buffing it up with certain spell casters, but it's still going to be shorter-ranged than a Spitfire)
    Warmachine crams a whole different scale onto the table by doing this.
    I don't think you're entirely up to date on what guns are actually in use. 12.5mm isn't a very common calibre for infantry to carry around, the guns are bulky and the ammo is heavy, even upgrading to 7.62 NATO as standard round is proving difficult for the reasons of ammo weight and gun durability not to mention that you can't load your sniper rifle with ammo from your friend if you run out. 12.5mm is much more common on top of humvees or other infantry fighting vehicles.

(You can argue Infinity has LMGs, not HMGs, by the by)

Dragonstriker and meikyoushisui like this.
  16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Continuing from this point, I NEVER understood why CB used the term 'HMG' as that a specific term, when the Spanish word; 'ametralladora' literally translates to 'machine gun' which is a much more ubiquitous term and applies to a very broad range of weaponry. When using the term 'HMG', you'll get natural confusion of "why the hell is a HMG on a TAG the same as a HMG on a line trooper?", which would be avoided if CB just used the term 'machine gun', as that would apply to both the TAG and the Line Trooper... :astonished:

17. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

It was lost in translation.

Section9, Errhile and coleslaw like this.
  18. redeemer

I don't think you are up to date as how sci-fi works(well it is sci-fantasy but I'm not going to start this debate about that here), you don't base it on the weapons you know from our time so yeah infinity is based in a universe where people can fly furder than the moon, transform into werewolves, slice giant power armors with lightsaber-like swords, revive the greatest heroes of the Odyssey and other great historical figures, swapping a handgun energy cartridge on a tag hmg or even a spaceship main battery seems like child's play, why because that is how sic-fantasy works just because people cant split a planet to pieces using the force in real life did not stop Bioware from giving that power to the exile, same is true for how weapons work in infinity we know they don't use bullets, but what kind of ammunition the guns use, and how does it work was never explained in any of the books thus far. What we do know are a few of the types of ammunition and that some can be combined,( and we know we are all war criminals because we constantly order our guys to use prohibited types of amo every chance we get)
    PS: I used Warmachine as an example but we all know there are few more 28mm games that use huge machines and don't limit the weapon range as much as Warmachine does (cough cough 40k cough cough)

19. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Did I miss something new?
    Most guns in Infinity are using bullets (caseless ammunitions, Ariadna and Morat excepted).

Pen-dragon likes this.
  20. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Sounds like a new TAG for JSA.
    I second that proposal!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation