1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impetues order and smoke

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by eciu, Dec 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

No he can't as he is unable to declare Skills with attack label, which BS Attack is.

chromedog and xammy like this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

That's what I used to think as well.

@Mahtamori. I like your logic. But I think it's too twisty to get up. We'll see (or we won't).

Ginrei likes this.
  3. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Cool, but we just agreed that smoke dodge isnt attack. So only spitfire decales attack in my example.

4. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

Smoke Dodge (why did they call it that!?) is an aspect of the ammo type it has nothing to do with the skill you call out as part of an order or ARO.

It goes "I declare BS attack: throw smoke grenade, or shoot smoke grenade from grenade launcher" OK what does this ammo do? ... well it has a handy ability to block your incoming bullets (dice) if it goes off. Basically applying the benefits of the smoke during the attack instead of after like you would normally get with these kinds of effects.

It's also targetless, so you can aim it at your friends the ground, the enemy, as long as it can be seen the smoke grenade thrown there.

It's also nonlethal, so you can throw it on top of neutral/friendly models.

All of these things are modifiers on a BS attack skill.

chromedog likes this.
  5. inane.imp

No they all declare BS Attack (except the guy who declared Dodge and the guy who didn't declare anything).

One of which is still a BS Attack but not an Attack. Whether this means that an attack was declared and but not performed or whether it wasn't declared as an attack is a separate question.

(God that's confusing).

6. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Confusing, aye?:D My point as well tbh xD So, smoke dodge is attack in link team, but it isnt with blinded model?...;D

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No. Like I wrote, Fireteam Integrity depends on Skill declaration. It is utterly irrelevant whether the skills in question have the "attack" trait. If in a Duo during an ARO model A declares BS Attack with a Spitfire and model B declares CC Attack with a Shock CCW, both have declared skills that are attacks, but they have declared different skills meaning one of them gets kicked out of the Duo and the team gets cancelled.

inane.imp and chromedog like this.
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well it wouldn't be the first time twisty logic proves correct, now would it? :)

DukeofEarl and inane.imp like this.
  9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So how are we standing gyus?

My point being mayby we all have failed to understand CB rules (like we did in case of shock and NWI 2+ W)

11. inane.imp

Which time? ;) It's worth noting that that needed official intervention to provide 'clarity'.

Basically, just continue playing it like this (which is pretty much how everyone was doing it anyway):

1. Yes, you can use BS Attacks with the Special Dodge effect as part of an Impetuous Order.
    2. No, you can't use BS Attacks with the Special Dodge trait while Stunned.
    And then wait for an FAQ that tells us that 1 is correct but 2 is wrong. Or vice versa.

JacobJ, paraelix, Zewrath and 3 others like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I agree that playimg "as always" is best solution for the moment.

The whole thread is just a theorycraft if WB were created "less powerfull" and we all just failed to play it correctly ;P

13. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I tend to argue with people when they say Infinity's rules are too complex and crazy. But this "can throw grenades while blind" is some next level shit.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation