1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AGL Scoring & Frags

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Flipswitch, Dec 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Rules question regarding Frags.

The rules/wiki state that players gain frag tokens.
    Source:
    https://aristeiathegame.com/wiki/article/55-frag

AGL scoring requires players to note which Characters score frag tokens.

How does this resolve in regards to States such as Burning :A: or Poison :D:?

Does the character that inflicted the State token claim credit for the Frag?*

Scenario 1:
    Gata uses Pain Suppressants, takes 1 Wound :4: which becomes 1 Poison :D:, Dart then Inflicts 1 Poison :D:, Gata then goes to the Infirmary at the end of her next activation. how is this resolved, does Dart gain a Frag?

Dart only inflicted one wound, not necessarily the entire Frag, does she claim credit for this?**

Scenario 2:
    Gata uses Pain Suppressants, takes 2 Wounds :4: which become 2 Poison :D:, Eclypse then uses Moon Cycle to flip these. Who claims credit for the Frag? Eclypse? or is this discarded/ignored because Gata was sent to the Infirmity as a result of Poison :D:.

* - Human Target has an instance here where the marker is dropped if the character is killed by a State, so does this follow the same example, where no Frag is awarded?

** Similar issue here is Burning :A: tokens from multiple sources. I assume this follows the same timing conflict issue that is resolved by the Underdog as per standard rules.

#1 Flipswitch, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    treiral likes this.
  2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Since they changed the AGL and left this question unanswered there've been controversy regarding this. It not only applies to states, but also playing cards that deal :4:. For instance, Kozmo's Stellar Nucleosynthesis can be played during the activation of any of your aristos and apply to any enemy inside smoke. Murtair can technically frag himself, and it's a tactically sound choice to do if you have, say, Mendoza or Parvati to bring him back clean and closer to the target next round.

I was hoping they addressed this in last week FAQ update, but apparently its release was delayed? So we can only hope they give us an answer soon.

#2 treiral, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  3. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Btw, if Eclypse flips :D: Poison during Pain Suppresant, they just turn back to be :D: Poison again. Gata is safe in that scenario.

4. Flipswitch

Yeah, sorry - for clarity, I meant after Pain Suppressants in this scenario. So once she has used Pain Suppressants, it has passed to the next round and then Eclypse uses Moon Cycle before Gata activates.

treiral likes this.
  5. Flipswitch

6. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Since it looks like it will take a while for them to update the AGL (new FAQ was recently posted and this wasn't part of it), I'll post my series of rules to decide where the frag goes, anybody can take this as reference for how to do it in their groups, if you have suggestions for changes or more special cards, I'd like to hear it!

As result of an attack : The frag goes to whoever inflicted :4:.
    As result of a switch targetting an enemy: The frag goes to whoever activated the switch.
    As result of flipping :D:Poisoned and :A:Burning tokens during the State Step: Frag goes to the last enemy that put such state on the character card.
    As result of playing tactics: Frag goes to whoever belongs the tactic.
    As result of blowing up one of your own: Enemy player decides whoever he wants to assign this frag.

Special cards:
    In case of Huntress Queen, it still goes to who inflicted :4:.
    In case of Pain Suppresants, it goes to whoever last inflicted :4:to Gata.

To answer your examples:
    Scenario 1: Dart gets it. In this case I based this choice on the last one to put the :D:poisoned state.
    Scenario 2: Eclypse gets it. In this case because she forced the damaged to be dealt before Gata's turn.

Final Notes: This is based on personal preference and isn't actually endorsed in any way by CB. TL;DR: I was bored.

#6 treiral, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. [ ]

[ ] Member

I'd say Eclypse gets the frag, as she is provoking the loss of heal. If it wasn't for her, the enemy would "just" be poisoned, allowing someone to remove the poison. In that turn in which the aristo is killed is just because Eclypse flipped the token.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation