1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camo and ghost synchro

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Arkhos94, Oct 2, 2018.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm pretty sure that in 2nd edition Hafzas did reveal as soon as the team fired, and this was supposed to be the fix.

BLOODGOD likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

He should on active. The Holo trooper has declared the same skill as the Fireteam Leader. Unless there's a specific exception somewhere? (Edit: found it. Yeah... Holo 1 gets a freebie on this, but it's not internally consistent).

On reactive (for both Fireteams and G-Sync) AROs are declared indivually, so they don't necessarily get revealed.

It's worth noting that it *appears* that Jumper LZ and Puppetmasters actually *Declare* Idle rather than merely *performing* Idle (for situations where they're GSync'd *cough*Xenotech*cough*).

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Strelok loses camo.

Its same as Antipode Pack, you cannot "chain" 3 surprise attacks in a row, adding one more Antpido to enemy with every new order.

inane.imp likes this.
  4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Except in the case of Holo 1 it's explicit that declaring a skill that becomes an idle in a fireteam does not reveal the Holo:

Holoprojector L1 and Fireteam Example:
    A Fireteam Core of Janissaries with a Hafza in Holoprojector L1 state imitating a Janissary, declares a Move + BS Attack Order. The Hafza, who is not the Team Leader, moves and provides support to the Team Leader, which is considered an Idle. As this Short Movement Skill doesn't require a Roll, the Hafza is not revealed, and so remains in the Holoprojector L1 state.

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Holoprojector#Holoprojector_L1

Whereas the reference for Camo revealing when declaring an idle in a coordinated order I think is "IJW said so at some point", and the Rules As Written (above) also reads that way, despite reading the same way for something else that apparently doesn't mean it.

So yeah, you're right that it's clear as mud, but I believe that's how it's generally played consistent with the actual (somewhat self contradictory) rules.

Edit: Sorry I just noticed you pointed out the same thing earlier, but doesn't hurt to re-iterate I guess ;)

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Hafza is not a marker, but a model

Nope... the Puppetmaster ARO is considered an idle, while the Jumper LZ declares an idle. I said this would come back and bite, I was ignored :p

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation