1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarface And Cordelia Special Fireteam Duo, Can Valerya join?

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by Envihon, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Envihon

Envihon The Sword of Haqqislam, High Commander Envihon

Is there an official ruling on this? There seems to be a lot of multiple interpretations for the Fireteam Duo between Scarface and Cordelia and whether Valerya's special Fireteam rule applies to them. The way I read it is that the only way that Scarface and Cordelia can form a Fireteam Duo is with each other, otherwise you can't which would invalidate Valerya from joining. At the same time many interpret the "can join any fireteam" as being able to form this Duo. Is there any official ruling on this yet?

2. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

No official ruling, and no DBS fireteams are on the list of official fireteams in the wiki, but the reading on scarface and cordellia profile is
    Its a special duo, but she is already able to join the special fireteam mixed links of the Druze. So really, it comes down to if the requirements of the fireteam are met. At first reading, I interpreted that she could, but now I do not.

Reasoning why: you must fulfill the link before she joins. She is only able to JOIN any fireteam. It is not legal to link her with a single druze and double grunts, because the Druze link explicitly states that it must be two druze and up to 3 grunts. She can't replace the Druze in this example. Scarface and cordelia are a duo only if they link with one another to fulfill the link requirement but they don't have harris. She can join links, but she cannot replace criteria for establishing one and cannot increase capacity in a link (E.G. harris of grunts turning into a 4 man link). Cordellia is required, therefore she cannot duo and cannot harris with Scarface

#2 Q.A.I., Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Drayton likes this.
  3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I think the only way Valerya's ability makes sense is if she can pretend to be anyone when forming a fireteam. So in this case, she could pretend to be either Scarface or Cordelia when forming a fireteam.

4. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

This.

We are going to have to turn our literal brains off a bit more.

Hecaton likes this.
  5. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

Keep in mind only Scarface has Duo, so you couldn't have a Cordellia and Gromoz duo if that worked. I think its actually pretty cut and dry though. Gromoz can join any fireteam. It would have been worded Gromoz can count as any character in a fireteam to work that way

6. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

The newest PDF shows both with the skill. Screenshot_20180104-003955.png

I do think it should have said "Gromoz can replace any Fireteam member." but I'm gonna go with IJW's interpretation (she replaces) until something else comes out.

Q.A.I. likes this.
  7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's been discussed with Interruptor and he confirmed that 'any' in this case means 'any', so she can replace any Fireteam member in any DBS Fireteam. The only restriction is that a Fireteam: Haris still needs a trooper with the Haris Skill and a Fireteam: Duo still needs a trooper with the Duo Skill.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation