1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holoprojector L2 in sight of Impersonation marker

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Russ, May 25, 2018.

1. Russ

Russ New Member

From the wiki -

Can I revert to Holoecho state if in LoF of an IMP-1 or IMP-2 marker, since this is perceived as an ally, not an enemy? Similarly, could I re-camo?

TIA

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Impersonation markers are considered friendly. If they drop Impersonation state and shoot you when you try to re-camo or re-Holo2, however, they get a normal roll and your trooper fails their skill.

inane.imp likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ New Member

Thanks.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Citation needed.

The only references I can find are:

And:

The second is speaking to a very specific interaction, so I'd be extremely hesitant to generalise that too broadly. As is noted above, Friendly Troopers do not trigger AROs whereas Impersonation Markers certainly do: so it's clear that an Impersonation Marker does not 'count as a friendly trooper' for all intents an purposes.

Based on that, I'd say 'no you can't re-enter the Holoecho State' because perception is not reality. The trooper with Holoprojector 2 is inside Enemy LOF; it is outside perceived Enemy LOF.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You just quoted them. This has been, for a corner case, extensively discussed on the old forums and never disputed until now.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I must have missed it then. Because the distinction between perceived ally and actual friendly trooper is clear to me. But it's not a hill worth dying on.

Edit: *cough* extensively discussed *cough* :P

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/49794-imp-1-and-re-camo/

Continuing the discussion here: I don't buy the 'Impersonator is considered a Friendly trooper' is true for all things. The FAQ makes it clear that the trooper in an Impersonation State is considered a friendly trooper for the purposes of being hit by Templates but we know that a trooper is not considered a friendly trooper for the purposes of generating AROs and we know that the Impersonation marker is considered an 'enemy' for the purposes of Discover+BS Attack (Discover is legal against targets, Discover + BS Attack is only legal against enemies).

I don't see how you can say 'that Enemy IMP marker can declare a BS Attack against me but I'm outside of Enemy LOF'.

#6 inane.imp, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation