1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Holoprojector L2 in sight of Impersonation marker

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Russ, May 25, 2018.

1. Russ

Russ New Member

From the wiki -

Can I revert to Holoecho state if in LoF of an IMP-1 or IMP-2 marker, since this is perceived as an ally, not an enemy? Similarly, could I re-camo?

TIA

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Impersonation markers are considered friendly. If they drop Impersonation state and shoot you when you try to re-camo or re-Holo2, however, they get a normal roll and your trooper fails their skill.

inane.imp likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ New Member

Thanks.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Citation needed.

The only references I can find are:

And:

The second is speaking to a very specific interaction, so I'd be extremely hesitant to generalise that too broadly. As is noted above, Friendly Troopers do not trigger AROs whereas Impersonation Markers certainly do: so it's clear that an Impersonation Marker does not 'count as a friendly trooper' for all intents an purposes.

Based on that, I'd say 'no you can't re-enter the Holoecho State' because perception is not reality. The trooper with Holoprojector 2 is inside Enemy LOF; it is outside perceived Enemy LOF.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You just quoted them. This has been, for a corner case, extensively discussed on the old forums and never disputed until now.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I must have missed it then. Because the distinction between perceived ally and actual friendly trooper is clear to me. But it's not a hill worth dying on.

Edit: *cough* extensively discussed *cough* :P

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/49794-imp-1-and-re-camo/

Continuing the discussion here: I don't buy the 'Impersonator is considered a Friendly trooper' is true for all things. The FAQ makes it clear that the trooper in an Impersonation State is considered a friendly trooper for the purposes of being hit by Templates but we know that a trooper is not considered a friendly trooper for the purposes of generating AROs and we know that the Impersonation marker is considered an 'enemy' for the purposes of Discover+BS Attack (Discover is legal against targets, Discover + BS Attack is only legal against enemies).

I don't see how you can say 'that Enemy IMP marker can declare a BS Attack against me but I'm outside of Enemy LOF'.

#6 inane.imp, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018