1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panoceania: lore, design, motives.

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Daireann, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

One of my favorite factions. (I like all of them, but this one should be mentioned.)

I really like PanO and their story, what cultures added their motives to this interesting mix.
    It was a part, where you can believe, that Infinity is a SCIENCE fiction.
    Just remember talks about growing economy potential of India, their zond Chandrayaan-3 sucessfully landed on the Moon not nong time ago. Also lets remember New Zeland space program. This gave us a good soil to believe in PanO origins. Isn't it? This is what good sci-fi about.

For now PanO is represented by european style knights and neo-vatican and Svalarheima with it's scandinavian names and motives (we are not even talking about some radicals in furs. Yes, about your friends Gunnar) . I am ok with that, this could be in PanO, but I really miss some origins. (Varunais harder to gather, we should admit it. ..)
    So, lets remember, how different it is.
    I really like bagh-mari and akalis from Acon. Kirpal Singh and Stephen Rao were one of those units, that almost got me. (But I never saw them irl). Acon also could have interesting ideas from South America countries, and there could be found interesting inspirations for painting.
    This is just a couple of examples, but you can find more of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next thing, that I really like is Varuna. Indian name of the planet, and some units, that gave us options to add something from Australia. Or... I had in my mind an idea for the color scheme where classic colors would be refreshed with some maori painting, just a little. Not like on tattoos, but someting from clothes of so.
    Colors could be different, I've checked, and it is not only black, white, blue and red. But or course they are classic. But reimagine some moments is ok, I guess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I didnt mentioned lots of options with India, Brazil, Spain (because lots of military orders in game have spanish origins, and it could be interesting not to just copy their colors, but may be add some mosaic pattern on some armor plates like on Gaudi architecture.)

So, why I am talking about it?
    PanO have grate story, good irl base for it, lots of things for inspiration. And yet we have a little casual design now. It looks generic sometime and associated with less things than PanO is. For example some units in Ju Jing have some native colorite even in their look... I want something like this too sometime)

AND this is not complaining post. Oh no. I would gladly invite you to share some of your thematic design ideas for PanO. It woukd be interesting, what could we find and imagine. We could try)
    After all this hobby also about this.

#1 Daireann, Aug 29, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Is this a good moment to post picture of dead horse or too soon ?

#2 eciu, Aug 29, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    chromedog and Stiopa like this.
  3. StephanDahl

StephanDahl Well-Known Member

Only if it's a dead Llama.

Seriously, I would also love some exploration of the PanO culture as expressed by their military units.

chromedog and Daireann like this.
  4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Fusis and ORCs can be done in whatever scheme you'd like, so easy to relate all factions. Zulu Cobras take their name from an Aussie and an Indian special forces force. Croc men are NZ, since they're the remnants of the Polynesian Division after the disaster at Ravensbrucke. Bolts are Aussies. Our characters cover all the cultures. As for distinctive features, well, when you're a professional army, things tend to look standard, so outside of some of the places where there are specific references, you have the freedom to add nods as you wish.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation