1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZoC aros.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by KnightSavant, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. KnightSavant

KnightSavant Member

What are the legal aros from a zoc aro? Can you throw smoke? Deploy a mine or fast panda?

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Unless an ARO says otherwise, you need LoF to perform it. By "ZoC ARO" I assume you mean AROs that are capable of being performed just by an enemy trooper acting in your trooper's ZoC?

Off the top of my head, Change Facing, Reset, various hacking programs, and pheroware. None of the ones you mentioned are applicable.

Modock, Xeurian, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I would have phrased it this way. AFAIK, all AROs that require LoF have that requirement in the, erm, requirements section of the skill. Essentially, it's kind of the opposite...

Basically, I'd say it like this:
    You get an ARO if you can see the activated model(s) or they activate in your ZoC. The AROs available to you, however, are limited by their requirements (and most of them require LoF).

For example, BS attack normally requires LoF, but certain (purposely unnamed) weapons waive that requirement and can be used in ARO if an enemy activates in you ZoC.

toadchild likes this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well the reverse is also true. The ones that don't require LoF have the imprecisely defined "No LoF" tag.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

To be as accurate as possible, the skill marked with ARO will have a line in its Requirements that specify if it needs LOF or not.

Example is AP Mine or Fast Panda, both of which specify that to use them during reactive turn you need LOF.
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/FastPanda

REQUIREMENTS

In the Reactive Turn, LOF with the Active trooper is required.

6. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Supposing your opponent doesn't use stealth (or he use stealth but you have sixth sense), ARO available when your opponent do something in your ZoC are :
    Hacking (depending on what kind of hacking device you have and what opponent you face)
    Pheroware Tactics (if you don't know tohaa : it's basicaly Bio-Hacking)
    Change Facing
    Reset
    Boost (if you are a perimeter item)
    BS attack with a weapon with the "no LoF" trait (jammer)

Xeurian likes this.
  7. KnightSavant

KnightSavant Member

Thanks, I think the no lof trait was what I was looking for. I was confusing it with targetless. Thanks.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation