1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zhayedan roasts

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Triumph, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Sad but true...there is really no need for the HMG and the Missile Launcher. In most cases just a bit better Ghulam for ~ double the cost. Such a big missed opportunity to make all profiles worthwhile.

3. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Should I take Zhayedan or Hortlak Jannisary for same points ? I really don't see me taking any Zhayedan profile over any Hortlak Jannisary profile. Or any Khawarij. Or Aeromobile. Or Mukhtar. For 30-35 points you take so many really good stuff in Ramah, why the hell would anyone take Zhayedan ? They pay thru the nose for Automedikit in a faction with best doctors in the game.
    I honestly don't even see a faction that would use Zhayedan as is. 30+ points for painfully average unit with automedikit and veteran L1 ? Thanks, I'll pass. As will almost everyone else.
    I am confident CB will change them tho, as soon as they realize their sales are crap. And play data from ITS.I give it 6-9 months before we see improvements to Zhayedan.

emperorsaistone and LoganGarnett like this.
  4. moxtron

moxtron Member

i can see me taking the zhayedan Leutnant
    if i need a 30 point leutnant without SWC
    but still that ist the breaker rifle profile which is the only okayisch profile because of how breaker and mms l2 work together

but in the end they are overpriced for the medikit
    vet1 is nice because we get more and more jammers but you can field an entire jannisar core for a simmilar price cost as the zjayedan

5. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

This does suck, seeing as they are the best looking LI unit in Haqqislam, IMO. A shame, really.

I honestly wouldn't be so confident they'll change them that quickly.
    A quick glance at Bolts and Securitates at least doesn't give much hope.

6. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Bolts were changed because of Foreign Company release IMO. Otherwise they probably wouldn't touch them until N4. Securitate are fine.
    Ramah is new shiny stuff, and that is what CB is counting on to bring in money these days ( as you can see from 3-4 latest videos they made ). I suppose they will notice soon that some of those shiny new toys aren't bringing any money. They are also more open to balancing stuff and they do it more often than before, so I am confident some change will come to Zhayedan sooner rather than later. I only fear it will be manual points adjustment ( which I hate and which they do a lot of these days ) instead of redesign into something useful.

7. Maksimas

I was more so referring to how the Securitate were before Tunguska dropped.
    They're fine now though, IMO.

I keep forgetting to watch their videos come to think of it...

If they adjust the points, I hope the stuff they adjusted will be not on a few cherry picked units, but across the board as well. Albeit I will admit I know very little about the cost formula here, beyond ARM and CC being expensive.
    It's sorta annoying to see a blatant case of ''Hey, X pays half as much for Y than Z does.''

LaughinGod likes this.
  8. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

Its all true they are pretty useless I only try the haris cause I play leila + tariq + zhayedan (haris) it's the only way to play them the rest of the porfiles are useless maybe the sniper but isnt worth.

the automedikit its just useless in them, we are haqqislam we can heal +17, in my last game i played the haris and i spend 1 more order to move my medic because I know automedikit dont work good.

And the Hmg without mms l2 why? and the missile luncher? dont understand. I was expecting a change with ramah but....

emperorsaistone likes this.
  9. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

The big final nail in the zhayedan cofgin for me was that so many units count as ghulams in ramah for fireteams, but zhayedans dont. Them and naffatuns were the most ideal candidates, more so than khawarij which can outmaneuver their own link. They need points reductions or a change in rules to make them worth it. Only reason i see for running them is running 1 mml2 breaker rifle for hunting jammers.

10. Maksimas

And even that reason is heavily meta dependent, because there are only three factions ATM with Jammers whatsoever. So if there's very few/none such players locally... T:

11. Kyre

Kyre Member

As a new infinity (and haqqislam) player, I also find very difficult to fit zhayedans in any list.
    It's honestly a shame, considering I truly like their aesthetics. Without some point reduction or special fireteam option, they are just nice proxies...

12. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

In RTF they have a ton of Fire team cores listed, but in reality there is only 1. The mixed Ghulam core is just too diverse. The Janissary core is there mostly to appease the ex-QK players. But its not that interesting. The rest are superfluous, or the zhayedan.

They would have made amazing brawler proxies if they came out before the brawler SWC box..

LaughinGod and Balewolf like this.
  13. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

I think the Zhayedan renders were out by the time you could purchase the Brawlers, but I could be wrong. I'm considering picking them up for this purpose, painted similarly to other long coat troops like Grenzers, Hecklers, Khawarijs, and Tauregs they'd provide enough bodies/weapons to proxy as any full LI/MI link.

I mostly just want to paint them because I love the models, but I think they'll only see the table pretending to be Grenzers, Brawlers, Djanbazans, or similar links.

14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I really wish all the Zhayedan got MML2

Limit them to a Haris if you have to. They just need that across-the-board.

15. Gabarra

Gabarra Member

Zhayedan was such a let down.... So much expectation for a interesting rework, so many possibilities.... With so many min/max units for nomads recently, I thought the automed would be gone for sure.

Honestly, Zhayedan is the Khawarij of this age: universal proxy.

Barrogh and HardDisk like this.
  16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I think there's potentially some use in there. I've tried the Breaker and Sniper profiles and they're relatively solid if expensive. I'd like to give them more table time rather than engage in some daydreaming about what they could be.

17. CPTVladTepes

CPTVladTepes New Member

I really love the Zhayedan mini from the starter set, and the MML2 Breaker profile have been the star of my last ditch efforts to tip the balance of a seemingly lost game several times. One time in a decapitation game he ran up the table ignoring enemy fire and getting back to his feet with automedikit several times to shoot on the enemy target.

The sniper seems pretty solid but compared to the other options in RTF or Vanilla, I find it hard to make him fit. Automedikit could be nice for getting back a downed sniper that was behind cover on an elevated firing position far from any medic, assuming he is was not shot not down by a shock ammunition.

#17 CPTVladTepes, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Solar likes this.
  18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Thing is the sniper is not cheap. I mean 31pts is an investment in Haqq. I will be taking two in a Haris though, B2 BS 15 snipers is nice.

19. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I have been running a LI list with a Haris of the two snipers and its been very good as an ARO piece coupled with a TR HMG. Outside of that....they are so useless. Other members of the Faction simply perform better for their points.

I was really looking forward to either wild card, or simply a slight rework, automedkit+ maybe? Over all very disappointing. I will still be buying their models though.

20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Personally I always feel like Automedikits should work like a paramedic unless you've got a Doctor on the table, in which case you can use the Doctor skill through the Automedikit at any range, which would make them awesome rather than kind of redundant? But they're still okay-ish if expensive.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation