1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zhanying hacker basing problem

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Mursusquad, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Mursusquad

Mursusquad Member

Hello all,

I have run into a problem with basing the Zhanying hacker. I am using Antenociti's Tri-Hex bases and the pose for Zhanying has turned out to be a disaster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see she's standing on some sort of mechanical appendage but this doesn't really fit in with the bases of my choice. So I was planning on just removing it but noticed that it's much so much higher than the sidewalks on the bases. This has left me clueless as how to make it work.

Adding something underneath the foot would be the obvious answer but what kind of random junk can you find on a street in the infinity universe? Cardboard box seems a bit too flimsy. Do fireposts exist? Something that could reasonably be found on a street (slums included so junk is okay as long as it's reasonable junk).

If anyone has any ideas to share, I'd be more than grateful as I need to get this one together for next weekend when we're playing the next round of escalation league.

2. RAF

RAF Something Wicked

You can add a crate or an ammo box (or backpack). An overturned trash can also fit.

#2 RAF, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  3. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

As RAF says, an ammo box could be a nice solution. Although... I have my Red Veil's hsien with his foot on a PanO's helmet... Having your units stepping on their enemies' body parts it's quite cool.

Sometimes tactic rocks can be a huge pain in the ass...

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Whyarecarrots

Whyarecarrots Well-Known Member

The approach I've taken with this model (and the ISS box crane) is to add some sand around the tactical junk on the base, to try and blend it in as being a piece of rubble surrounded by more small pieces of rubble. Don't have a decent photo of it at the moment I'm afraid.

Appreciate that this doesn't work so well if you're intending to keep the bases looking relatively pristine.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

You might try a futuristic fire hydrant or small barrel as well.

6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

FTFY. Waste of pewter. Extra heads would be a better use.

7. Mursusquad

Mursusquad Member

Thanks a lot for the ideas! So far I have managed to find two solutions that I could use. First came up when I was cutting up a pinning rod and bent it. From that I came up with this:

zhanyingbase.png

Tried it out on a test base and currently held together by blu tack. Only thing I am wondering is if it's too short as when properly sized it will be a bit below the knee. And if standing on a lower platform (as in the picture) it's roughly around mid calf.

Second option I thought of was using 2mm foamed pvc sheet I got to carve out kind of a concrete streetblock. Make it look a bit like an impromptu stop check type of thing. It's a bit more demanding than the railing but just maybe I might be able to make it happen.

So far the decision is between a roadside watcher and a checkpoint officer looks with the railing and concrete block respectively. Both have a pretty cool stories to them. One passively watching for anyone looking like a JSA terrorist and the other actively checking IDs for JSA terrorists.

After this is wrapped up I get to start figuring how to work with the tiger soldier tactical rocks all three have at their feet. Also if anyone knows any urban "trash" and clutter that could be used to liven the bases up, I'd be more than happy to hear about it. So far I've ran into big piles of things or a little outdated looking ones (sci fi fire hydrants would be nice!).

PauloCavalcanti, sarf, Engorn and 3 others like this.
  8. Segis

Segis Well-Known Member

The solution you present in the picture is just perfect imo. The only thing I don't like is that it comes from the joint between tiles on one side and from the curb in the other. find a base with a straight curb or make a more homogeneous surface for it to come from.

#8 Segis, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Koin-Koin and Dragonstriker like this.
  9. RAF

RAF Something Wicked

Do not worry about the height. It may be a barrier against vehicles "Do not drive this way" or "Do not park here" :sunglasses:

10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Plant pot (or more like part of a big one, just like the ground is part of a bigger thing) could work. In some places they are the pretty version of car barriers.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation