1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing VS Kosmolot - Acquisition

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Vohlere, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Vohlere

Vohlere Active Member

Going to make an effort to create as many battle reports as I can from now on as I've been threatening myself with making video reports for years now, so this is a test to see my commitment! I took some notes but kept getting distracted mid-game so hoping next time I will have a clearer battle to show.

Yu Jing VS Kosmoflot 300 Points

Yu Jing List 2
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    HAC TAO (NCO) Heavy Machine Gun, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 65)
    GŬILÁNG (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 30)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Monitor Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenade Launcher / CC Weapon, Pistol. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 5)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 23)
    DĀOYĪNG (Lieutenant [+1 Order], Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    TIGER SOLDIER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    PHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, E/Mitter, Madtraps / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 27)
    LÓNG YÁ (Minelayer) Panzerfaust(+1B), Flammenspeer(+1B), Submachine Gun, AP Mines / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 17)
    LÓNG YÁ (Minelayer) Panzerfaust(+1B), Flammenspeer(+1B), Submachine Gun, AP Mines / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 17)
    GŬILÁNG (Hacker, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 30)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

List vs darren
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    VARANGIAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    PATCHER Heavy Flamethrower(+1B), Adhesive Launcher(+1B), Grenades(Continous Damage) / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    UNKNOWN RANGER AP Spitfire, Chain-colt / Heavy Pistol, T2 CC Weapon. (1 | 47)
    VOLKOLAK Missile Launcher, Chain-colt(+1B), Grenades / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 40)
    ROKOT (Lieutenant) Submachine Gun, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    ROKOT Submachine Gun, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    ROKOT (Paramedic) Submachine Gun, Grenades ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    PATCHER Heavy Flamethrower(+1B), Adhesive Launcher(+1B), Grenades(Continous Damage) / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    POLARIS TEAM undefined / undefined. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] CONTROLLER Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] POLARIS BEARPODE Chain Rifle(+1 Dam, +1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon, Trench-Hammer. (0 | 23)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    PAVEL McMANNUS Ohotnik, Chain-colt, Shock Mines, D-Charges / Pistol, T2 CC Weapon. (0 | 32)
    SCOT GUARD (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage) Missile Launcher / Assault Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 35)
    S.A.S. (Forward Observer) Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    CORSAIR BASHI BAZOUK Rifle, Light Shotgun, E/M Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse ( ) / Stun Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

321650688_1360146824757237_7210155544130633250_n.jpg

322465485_694586032410332_738892073146927839_n.jpg

Yu Jing Turn 1

One of the Kuang Shi on the right flank used it’s Impetuous order to move up just behind the right hand Guilang. I kind of left him in the wind after this though.

The Hac Tao HMG opened the turn with a discover shoot against the camo marker placed on the far crates (A Scots Guard Missile Launcher) but failed the WIP after no ARO. The Hac Tao failed to kill the Warcor too.

The right flank Guilang then discovered and shot an SAS that was sitting next to the Antenna, taking a chain rifle to the dome but brushing it off, taking the SAS out. He then pushed past the Antenna, turning it on while getting more orders to reveal the Scots Guard that the Hac Tao failed to find.

In a frustrating next few orders, the Hac Tao tried to take on the Scots Guard, ignoring putting any burst in to the Warcor. He got flash pulsed for his trouble and the Scots Guard made the 2 saves.

The Guilang next to the left Antenna stayed prone, turning on the Antenna and managed to put the Warcor unconscious.

322484880_691076539061112_6968574523201068771_n.jpg

Kosmoflot Turn 1

The Scots Guard that had been held in reserve for deployment was put in a place to counter the Rui Shi and since nothing was able to take him out, the Scots Guard was free to take it out just before it went back into camo.

Unknown Ranger was able to poke out from behind a building on my right-hand side, putting the exposed Kuang Shi I had left out into the dogged state.

The Volkolak Missile Launcher attempted a Discover on the Long Ya I had on top of the small building but failed the WIP roll.

Bearpode came out of hibernation and climbed up the larger raised street, promoting an ARO from my Long Ya which I took, doing no damage. The Volkolak then took his chance and wiped it out, leaving the Bearpode to come after the Hac Tao. This is where my competitive rustiness came back to bite me in the ass as I knew I should have put him back in to camo but had gotten too trigger happy and forgot. The bear wounded the Hac Tao but took a stray pistol shot from the Kaung Shi that managed to wound it. The bear then got in to CC with the Hac Tao, taking it out but failing a nanopulser save in return.

322487758_717289706449891_5703035751978284729_n.jpg

322507790_6058785147472976_4427100455274219957_n.jpg

322613518_683097493483082_4912027081142630663_n.jpg

Yu Jing Turn 2

I dropped in my Tiger Soldier but really struggled to find a good spot in Kevin’s lines, so opted to jump in next to the objective room type building on the raised section. He managed to reveal the Scots Guard but the Boarding Shotgun just wasn’t enough to do anything and he decided to fall back to cover the central objective along with the right hand Guilang with a Co-Ordinated order.

My Bashi came on behind the crate on my right.

Guilang went back in to camo and the LT moved up behind the 2 high crate stack.

A disappointing turn where we both agreed that the Scots Guard should have been gone a while ago, with both of us really liking how well it performed. I also knew at the start of this turn that things were going to be difficult, I only had shotguns and combi rifles to do anything with (Apart from the surviving Long Ya), but that’s what I get for taking this list!

322571765_2420824574740477_2263453144350092224_n.jpg

322676047_710938747358924_4419747543937398855_n.jpg

322854681_632182188660632_6015715484148198439_n.jpg

Kosmoflot Turn 2

Most of this turn was spent on the Irmandinho walking up the stairs and through the objective room to take out the tiger. The Tiger dodged into line of sight and too close to something I underestimated in CC (8 points is so cheap for these guys) and went down after another order on the engineer.

Orders started getting spent on the Unknown Ranger and his Harris who took out my turret, the stray Guiling on the right-hand side and positioned to hold my right Antenna. Unknown Ranger started picking off a holo echo from the Bashi, and then moved his Harris in front of the real one but only took a wound on the Patcher and passed the save on the Rokot, taking the Bashi out.

Yu Jing & Kosmo Turn 3

At this point I spent a lot of my orders and command tokens on the Kuang Shi and Controller trying to shift the Unknown Ranger and his Harris off the Antenna. I took out the Patcher but unknown ranger tanked the chain rifles and fought them all off. I made sure that I was in base contact on the left flank, but the Kosmo forces had too many resources to hold off him dominating the middle and my right flank. Unknown Ranger flipped the Antenna and ended controlling it and the rest of the orders went on his Rokot LT going prone to avoid any stray AROs I had and took the middle.

The game ended with a Kosmoflot victory;
    Kosmoflot - 7 OP - 180 VP
    Yu Jing - 3 OP - 114 VP

It was a really good game and most importantly I learned how little I liked my list; it was made before the changes to ITS14 and I really like taking the new Tachimotos. I’ve changed the list quite a bit now to bring in more gun power and I find that the Daoying is hard enough to kill that I don’t need the Pheasant Rank.

#1 Vohlere, Dec 31, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    Wizzy, burlesford and rac like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I just want to offer some advice on table set up because this is a really common mistake I see at all levels of play from casual to tournament level with terrain being set up awfully and creating huge death traps and rendering the terrain piece as largely unusable as deployment cover.

[​IMG]

This use of placing a building diagonally in the center of a player's DZ is a really common error. It makes the building near unusable against an opponent who is paying attention to lines of fire, it's quite easy to find shots that can absolutely hose down said terrain piece from even as far back in safety as their DZ.

When a building is placed like this it needs LOF blockers placed to force a player to actually push past the halfway line to get shots on models trying to use the terrain piece, otherwise it's a literal death trap.

My old test when setting up a terrain piece was asking myself if I could deploy a Daofei infiltrator and immediately start clearing out a terrain feature with an HMG from the half way line. If I could, that was bad placement and it needed fixing.

Savnock, Wizzy, burlesford and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation