1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Can All Stop Speculating - Here's What's Happening in 2019

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 6, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

[​IMG]

Ok, so I've been thinking about the Corvus Belli timeline for 2019 and what Bostria said at Gencon and there's no need for any further speculation or discussion, because I've figured the whole thing out.

The "Galactic Event" which is "bigger than Uprising" in March will be the discovery of a new system with an uninhabited, habitable world.

Then the "new way to play Infinity" will be a 15mm (or 10mm) large scale combat wargame introduced as a new game in November so we can play the new NeoColonial War that results.

And this will open the gate for the fall of Acheron and full scale war against the Combined Army in 2020.

BOOM!

*Mic Drop*

RogueJello likes this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the galactic event is Antipodes hijacking starships and going on a massive conquering spree, leading to the creation of Clan Wolf.

RogueJello, Savnock, cazboab and 10 others like this.
  3. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I'm not sure I have any interest in mass warfare or smaller scale models.

chromedog, xagroth, Shoitaan and 4 others like this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I'm hoping it's a narrative league system like Necromunda, with models gaining xp and so on.

#4 Hecaton, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  5. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

My two euro bet is an event base on the infiltration of human society by shavastii and tohaa. Maybe some fighting on the earth itself, with the war escalating and having a larger scale war game.

But I think they could capitalize on the already existing minis and release a game for squad fighting squad. Maybe a 40 or 50 models and a few tags game. Most of these mini have 4 models boxes already. => Edit : actually probably not a good idea. Cause 40k ...

Maybe a risk or dune like board game ?

Or something completely different like a novel or comic book ...

#5 Marduck, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

If we're going for the ''new game'' theory... does spaceship combat play a big role in Infinitys fluff? 'Cause if so, that's another theory to chew on.

But honestly, I highly doubt a new game coming out.

krossaks and Stiopa like this.
  7. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

If it's another wargamer, I would bet on a 10 - 15 mm game too.
    I don't say, CB can't do good rules for an army sized game.
    But I don't think anybody can challenge GW on theire major system.

8. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I'm gonna go with Acheron Falls/N4

N2 to N3 was 2 years. We've been on N3 4 years now, and have an abundance of new profiles and sectorials, it could happen

9. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

At the GenCon seminar, I think Bostria shot down the idea it was a new edition, but of course just because it might not be labelled N4 doesn't rule out some sort of major rules overhaul/revision in a new book with some of the new sectorials.

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

No, N2 to N3 was 6 years. From the inside covers of each book: N1 was released in November 2006; N2 was released in September 2008, and "N2" is really "N1 with all the FAQs written into the book"; and N3 was released in 2014 (there's no month in the book, but I remember it was announced at GenCon).

I really hope that CB doesn't do a new edition, we need to continue to move the timeline forward with events after Campaign Paradiso. A new edition would force another reset on that timeline.

The Galactic Event could be Paradiso N3, but I'm actually hoping it's events after that campaign, since we have almost all the fluff from CP in HSN3. The fall of the Acheron Blockade, etc.

And then the New Way to Play could be a campaign book where more than one character can gain XP.

daboarder, Dragonstriker and Cothel like this.
  11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I don't know if you want to call it a new edition, but N3 Revised or something like that would be extremely helpful.

12. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

N3: Streamlined.

Shoitaan likes this.
  13. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

*looks at title*

Hm, we could all stop speculating... But we won't. :stuck_out_tongue:

An "N 3.5" to consolidate all the newer rules and fluff into one big 'ol bundle for easier access to newer players would be a good gesture prior to any further rules additions, as well as more useful for TOs as the physical backup should the dreaded "Some Idiot Broke The Wifi" ascend upon a tournament, or the wiki/army go down. After all,just on books alone there's N3's two, HSN3's two, and now Uprising. PDFs for the other four sectorials will happen, and the JSA are already basically PDF only as they're not actually in Uprising as an army list.

Doubt it's that though. Meant to be some kind of big shakeup and a "new" wayto play that no one will ever guess, and since that's a super-obvious thing, not a shakeup, and not really a new way, my approach won't fit into their plans

chromedog, Shiwen and Hecaton like this.
  14. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

As a mainly CA player I'd love some plot advancement from our side apart from "Aha! It's was a Speculo all along. Well done Scoobs".

As such I hope the big N is the next book, we've heard 'Acheron Falls' being bandied about for years now.

theradrussian, Berjiz and Abrilete like this.
  15. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

They need a way to keep the Combined Army threatening without just having to retcon the existing fact that it can just roll over humanity's sad little systems. That it hasn't yet despite its obvious superiority both in technology, and in manpower and resources, is something of a mystery.

$5 on CA splintering, or a new emerging cosmic threat showing up on the scene in 2019.

Whether that has anything to do with a new game? I don't know.

DukeofEarl and Berjiz like this.
  16. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I honestly can't see CA splintering. The whole faction would need reworking from the ground up if you removed one of the constituent races.

Perhaps some Tohaa scheming will bring a new player onto the scene?

The 'new way to play' comment implies either a new game set in the universe or another way of using your Infinity minis like perhaps a campaign system or something akin to Imperial Assault.

17. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

What I'd love to see would be some kind of "Dungeon Crawler"... "Derelict Ship Crawler"? "Abandoned Space Station Crawler"?

Dragonstriker and Cothel like this.
  18. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Why not both?

Tohaa scheming has caused a revolt within the CA's systems, an as yet unseen part of their empire was pulling an Exrah. Except they were big enough to hold on... until now. They've been beaten, their forces are fleeing into the Tohaa and Human systems, and now the CA has more troops and resources spare to actually roll in on those humans.

yojamesbo likes this.
  19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind that. I just had a cubic metre of MDF space station delivered to my door.

Abrilete likes this.
  20. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

space fight infinti can be awsome but i expect a massive movement of the fluuf oppening new modes and new lore

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation