1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wotan & Backdoor

Discussion in 'OOC' started by HarlequinOfDeath, Jul 3, 2018.

1. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Just wondering... what was the aftermath to the TAG Event, the Wotan Blockade and Backdoor Crisis?

The last things I know about:

- TAG Event: The missing Nomads representative (maybe because of Wotan, too) and the turned (?) PanO pilot. Followed by the:
    - Backdoor Crisis: The fate of the hacker group and some double agents of the Shasvastii in the Human Sphere. And the weird behaviour of the Hexa.
    - Wotan: Betrayed Nomads and conquered CA ship.

So what are the consequences for the plot?
    - Are the Nomads still with the O12?
    - What plans has Hexa?
    - What are the consquences for the public because of the double agents.
    - And is there a spy in the PanO TAG program after the incident in the YouTube video?

So many questions to me.

Hopefully, the Kurage Crisis won't be just about the ressource thing and show better what happens after it.

2. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Uhm.....I think you have missunderstood some things here...

From what I know the TAG pilot was killed in the end by a horrible CA hacking Program.

The ALIVE Hacking group was murdered to all but 1 person, who has been Sepsitorized and is now part of Combined Army (Zoe and Pee-well or whatever their real name was, even got a nice model!)

The Backdoor Crisis banned a few characters from ITS Tournaments for a while, but they were all deemed not guilty in the end from what I remember, no other resolution of that has happened until now I think.

The Wotan Blockade more or less lead to the Uprising of the JSA (though through events made by CB not the actual playerbase..)

So as to your Questions:

- Yes Nomads still are part of O-12 as far as we know (though some of their recent designs look suspiciously CA..)

- Hexas are gonna Hexa as usual...

- As far as I'm aware no real consequences happened yet other than that now these characters get a special bonus in ITS Tournaments.

- The PanO TAG Pilot is dead if I'm not very mistaken.

Hope that helps and I wasn't wrong myself :-P

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Bit and Kiss..... Bit and Kiss

Zoe and Π-well are fine and Nomady with their own shiny new models.

chromedog likes this.
  4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Nothing, since the data that "exposed" them came from a compromised source and has been declared false, though if you want to launder an asset, a false accusation they can easily rebuke is a classic...

I think the main reason the previous campaigns havn't had much impact to the fluff is we're getting a campaign every summer, and it takes a lot longer than a year to digest the results and turn it into something that doesn't ruin either the status quo or the plan for the future, so by the tme it's ready we've already thrown it out of kilter with another campaign...

5. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Damn it! Sorry that's true, I just thought about a woman and her robot friend and those two came to mind...should have realized when I was like "Damn how was the robot written again? Didn't it have a Π in there somewhere? Naaa, that was the Nomad Chick...screw it I'll just write Pee-well instead..." :-P

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

P. Much. Though in a certain sense Tunguska/Nomads is more the winner of B4ckd00r than CA, since they got the good pr of exposing it all as a Shas plot. CB took the opportunity to hype their new sectorial I guess.

7. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

To a certain degree you are right... some points were not questions (for example about the Alive group), but about my questions:

- Are the Nomads still with the O12? => This because of they missed the O12 meeting and lost their military harbor as well as many civilians and nearly got a ship destroyed. They are in the O12, but do they still support them after being betrayed? Destroying a harbor is a major incident in diplomacy. So far we only have the PanO win and the communications of YuJing (reason for the uprising) on the radar.

- What plans has Hexa? => The agents behaviour was really weird and more CA like. ;) The design of Nomads... they told us many times it is the same designer for both the new Nomads and CA models. And to be honest, black, white and red is a cool color scheme for futuristic stuff.

- What are the consequences for the public because of the double agents. => The obvious consequences are ITS rules but it would be more interesting how the rumors hit Mayanet etc. and how the public reacts.

- And is there a spy in the PanO TAG program after the incident in the YouTube video? => Watch the video again, they say after the incident she is alive but the technican says "she should be dead". She isn't and it seems like she was sepsitorized or something like that.

I really hope we get to know more about this things... so far, these were some unsatisfying dead ends to me. A bit like X-Files. ;)

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well could end up like J.J. Abrams style storytelling where it's a bunch of secrets stacked upon secrets with no payoff.

Luisjoey likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation