1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP facility / spaceship board

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by descrii, Jul 29, 2018.

1. descrii

descrii Well-Known Member

I'm working on a series of linked rooms and corridors for an Infinity board. I want it to be ambiguously either a large building / bunker interior, or else a spaceship, playable as either.

I've finished my first room and my first four doors. This is a vehicle bay, one of the largest rooms I'm imagining for the board. The floor is pink insulation foam glued to an MDF base. The walls are foamed PVC.

The wall textures and furnishings are all from Genet Models (formerly Ebbles). The door frames are from Worldworks. The door, floor, and charging station textures I found on random sites with Google image searches, and put together in GIMP. I still need a good cargo door or airlock door texture for the main vehicle bay door. I haven't had much luck finding a free one online, may have to make one with my limited photoshopping skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rick 88

Rick 88 New Member

Love it!

descrii likes this.
  3. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Very cool

4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Very very nice! Love to see papercraft stuff in the hobby.
    About the cargo door, if you're not averse to actually buying stuff, the cheap way that would actually fit with what you have is on the DIY doors set from Laser Cut Card. Dirt cheap in heavy cardboard they should fit right in.
    And in plastic, look for the Maelstrom's Edge terrain sprue, it's specially made for the kind of terrain you make, stuff put together to make it look cool.
    I'll keep an eye out for actual downloadable papercraft cargo doors anyway and post here if i find something nice.

descrii likes this.
  5. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Foamed PVC 3mm? 5? Trying to get a size reference with that and the other doors.

In any case, that space looks a lot bigger than most avaliable doors.

descrii likes this.
  6. descrii

Thanks for the recommendations, Jherazob! I've never heard of either of those companies, but I took a look. Nice stuff, but not quite the doors I'm looking for, so still on the prowl for one. Love your avatar.

Mob, it's 3mm foamed PVC, yeah. The gap is 8 inches wide, and the vehicle is about seven inches wide. I can usually resize a texture without much problem.

7. descrii

Cryogenic sleep chamber...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. descrii

Armory! I'm 25% to my rooms goal of 12 rooms. I've ordered ladders from Warsenal to place in the dead end pieces I made so they can be access points for airborne troops entering the board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unclesrouce, Edster, Savnock and 12 others like this.
  9. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

sweeeet!

descrii likes this.
  10. descrii

Power room / engineering. Some of the power cores are retracted, and some are exposed. I think the low area will be hazardous terrain, subject to dangerous radiation. Engineers would normally remote operate the robot to do necessary maintenance.

I found my motivation faltering on this one. Gotta press on through. I'd love to finish the whole thing by November...

Oh, and one more setback! My printer died. I replaced it, but the old one had been printing everything a bit bluer than it should be, so that tonal color shift will be noticeable in future rooms. Boo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jawasa

Jawasa Member

This is a very impressiv Project. :)

descrii likes this.
  12. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Truly awesome, looks like a blast to play on. Now I need to go work on my table . . .

descrii likes this.
  13. descrii

Thanks, guys! You're keeping my spirits up. I'm still beavering away at this project. Here's the latest, a command room. It's accessible to 55mm bases. The chairs aren't glued down, so they can be kicked aside. There's a bit of clear plastic over the screen in the tactical map table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wall with the screens can open up to provide a fourth doorway if I decide I want to use it as an objective room for a scenario like Defiant Truth. Here I've pulled the removable bit up just a little so you can see.

[​IMG]

Xeurian, Segis, timberfox and 14 others like this.
  14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Lookin' so good! Keeping going, the whole thing together is going to look amazing. I love how you throw the odd #D detail in there like the power cord charging up the shuttle.

What part of the world are you in, and will you be sharing this terrain during tourneys etc.?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation