1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it so difficult to join this forum?

Discussion in 'New Users' started by PhDeezNutz, Apr 26, 2023.

1. PhDeezNutz

PhDeezNutz Well-Known Member

There should really be a guide to creating a new account here. Is there a probationary period on new accounts? Are you supposed to contact support to activate an account?

I joined two weeks ago and I just now have permissions to post and modify my account. That is frustrating enough, but what's worse is nowhere can I find an explanation for how or why my account lacked "sufficient privileges."

Jumara and burlesford like this.
  2. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

3. Camo Token

Camo Token Well-Known Member

There's no real explanation, somebody needs to manually approve each new user and they do so very rarely. They don't seem to care about new player influx to the Forum.

PhDeezNutz likes this.
  4. Forthfaran

Forthfaran Well-Known Member

You got lucky that your account was activated without contacting the support. In my case, after several weeks of being unable to post, I contacted the support and only then my account was activated.
    I think this is a terrible situation which denies a lot of new player access to this forum

Jumara, PhDeezNutz and Camo Token like this.
  5. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

Welcome to this forum.
    With only two weeks you should count to the lucky people. I had to wait for nearly two months until my account was unlocked.

#5 Jericho, Apr 27, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    PhDeezNutz and Camo Token like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I will look into it....

7. PhDeezNutz

PhDeezNutz Well-Known Member

Oh I did contact support. I never got an email response, so I'm not sure if someone unlocked my account, or if I finally surpassed an arbitrary probationary period.

I'm not bothered that my email wasn't responded to, as long as my account was activated it doesn't matter. I just wanted to point out difficulties joining the forum.

It would be easy to make a sticky thread with some instructions, even just adding it to the Forum Rules sticky would help new users.

#7 PhDeezNutz, Apr 27, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation