1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't the Janissaries get a BSG Doctor Option?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Urist, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

I put my Janissary box together recently, and it was a fun, albeit old, kit. Anyway, I noticed while building that the arms between the doc and BSG Jans were pretty interchangeable, and swapping them would let you build the non-doctor Rifle Janissary but leave you with an illegal doctor. It made me remember that the Asawira has two doctor profiles, one for AP rifle and one for BSG, so why can't the same be done for Janissaries?

Mostly looking for an excuse to buy the kit a second time to get a full squad. I know this probably means nothing for the Janissary in popularity or usability, I just thought it was interesting.

2. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I would love for the Doctor Jannisary to get an LT option. The Doctor Jannisary was fun in N3, but with the N4 change, they are the second worse Doctor in Haqqislam.

3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

So one can make a legit rifleman... at the cost of two others.

4. Papa Bey

Maybe in five years when codex: qapu comes out?

5. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Jan doctor isn't awful...if you just don't use it with Janissaries. Supporting Azra'ils as a solo piece it looks pretty ok.

6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

You are probably right. But it stinks as N4 made them worse at healing. In N3 you had a choice. I don't always need to give a model two wounds; sometimes I would rather have that extra 15%.

Especially since he costs 23 points more than the wonderful Ghulam doctor. That is a Farzan.

7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Apparently there's sometihng rather deeply ingrained in the Janissary not-so-public fluff about their doctors having no BSG loadout.
    Because we have a number of other HI out there with BSGs, even Asawira having Doc with both BSG and AP Rifle + LSG loadout.

Also, yeah, I agree: Jannissary Doc losing doctor Plus hurt. I mean, he's still a very competent Doc, just wanting (in Doc +) by Haqq standards.

8. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

The saddest part is that with their new rule system in army, it's just as simple as writting Doctor [+3 1W], Doctor [2W] and he would have both again.

Myomer, Errhile and Brokenwolf like this.
  9. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

They could give him at least Medikit [+1 B]. Not that would made anybody sane to bring a 40 pts model when Rouhani exists ofc.

10. Papa Bey

They're saving it up for the 2027 QK refresh.

11. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Dang, so youre telling me ill have to wait until 2032 to choose between spending my money on Khanate, warhammer 15th ed, or dirt from kevin costner so i can try to grow my own veggies on a shambling oil rig.

Danger Rose and Errhile like this.
  12. Papa Bey

It will also be three weeks before the release of N5.

Errhile likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation