1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are the Krakots good?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Natsymir, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

People seem to swear by the Krakot Renegades. But I fail to see why they're so good. To me, they just seem like inferior Daturazi, trading awesome Smoke Grenades and Mimetism for...what, exactly?

I understand that I am wrong, as so many people love the Krakots. Please explain to me how to use them, and what makes them so good!

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Krakots do a few things, but you're right that they have overlap with Daturazi.

General Krakot advantages:
    • Advanced Deployment
    • Non-extreme impetuous
    • Metachemisty L2 (seriously, all of the rolls are good, and some of them are amazing)
    • Versatile weapon loadouts (smg + chest mines forces a lot of bad decisions for your opponents)
    • Berserk (when playing with a big expensive EI construct, the Krakot is even better at getting your elite shooter un-stuck than a Daturazi is)
    Daturazi advantages:
    • Smoke
    • Mimetism

3. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Additionaly, With metachimestry 2, had 40% of mov 6-4 and high mobility (super jump/climbing plus)

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Try that lovely grenades when you roll the PH bonus...

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I'll run a vanilla combined list without Krakots but almost never without Daturazi. But after the first one or two Daturazi, I'd take Krakots before I took more Daturazi. The difference between them has been covered pretty well above, but I really want to emphasise how much being regular rather than extremely impetuous changes a units role. Krakots choose to move aggressively and only do so when it's advantageous to them; Daturazi must do so and that's a significant complicating factor.

toadchild, Savnock and inane.imp like this.
  6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

@toadchild nailed it on the head over there.

Generally I say I use krakots defensively and daturazi offensively. I really think krakots are way better at keeping my deployment zone safe, specially if I am up against some sort of CC missile (McMurder is a common sight) or lots of AD troopers (I get ganked by Yuan Yuan and similar stuff often). In that case it's better to have a more controllable model with more agressive options.

Keep in mind the Krakot has a DA CCW, dual chainrifles (or SMGs) and berserk. This makes them much more likely to land a wound on the first order, which makes them better to kill chaff. The daturazi are definetely better at pushing forward thanks to smoke and mimetism, but I don't need everything in the list to push forward.

RobertShepherd, toadchild and Willen like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation