1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White noise placement

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Snare, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Snare

Snare Active Member

How does white noise work?
    1. Roll for wip, if successful measure hacking area and place template.
    2. Roll for wip, if successful place template and then measure to check if the template is totally inside hacking area.

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Previous discussion: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/index.php?threads/38675/

Tl;dr it's neither 1 nor 2 but could be 3, 4, 5 or 6.

3. Declare use of White Noise (Step 1.2 or 3), Measure all ZOCs (Step 6), Roll WIP (6.1), Place template (6.1), Move Guts etc (6.2)

4. Declare use of White Noise (Step 1.2 or 3), Measure all ZOCs (Step 6), Roll WIP (6.1), Move Guts etc (6.2), Place template

5. Declare use of White Noise including where the Template will be placed (Step 1.2 or 3), Measure all ZOCs (Step 6), Roll WIP (6.1), Place Template (6.1), Move Guts etc (6.2)

6. Declare use of White Noise including where the Template will be placed (Step 1.2 or 3), Measure all ZOCs (Step 6), Roll WIP (6.1), Move Guts etc (6.2), Place Template (6.2)

The difference between the odds and the evens is kinda edge case (it's basically "do you place / confirm template placement before or after Dodge / Guts Movement) but the difference between 3&4 and 5&6 is huge.

I think it should be 3 as that causes the least issues however that requires you to interpret White Noise template placement as an exception to the normal OES which requires all details to be specified at declaration. I think the direction to place the template "at the end of the Order" is such an exception. I don't think the rules make an distinction between "choose where to place the template" and "placing the template", but I could well be wrong.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation