1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which faction will get the Action Pack this year?

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Jan 4, 2022.

?

Who do you think will get all the Action Pack attention of 2022?

1. NCA

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Acontecimento

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Imperial Service

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Merovingian Rapide Response Force

16 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Caledonian Highlander Army

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bakunin Jurisdictional Command

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Qapu Khalqi

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  8. Steel Phalanx

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  9. Morat Aggression Force

23 vote(s)
    20.9%
  10. A new O12 sectorial

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Tohaa

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  12. A new NA2 sectorial

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Happy new year everyone! With Corvus Belli having announced a new Action Pack this year, I'm surprised there's no speculation thread about which faction it might be. So here we go.

[​IMG]

I've only included those sectorials in the poll that have a reasonable chance to get a revamp. Everything that already has an action pack or similar levels of up-to-date-ness were excluded.

What are your personal favorites candidates, and what would you speculate on/like to see included in the Action Pack?

Here are my thoughts, from least likely to most likely:

9. Tohaa: Need I say more?

8. NA2: No NA2 besides JSA has their own action pack (and don't need one), and I doubt that'll change.

7. Haqq/Aleph: Those will most certainly get an Operations Pack this year, so I think they're sitting out this one.

6. O12: If I remember correctly, CB wants to revamp an old Sectorial, in the spirit of the very successful MO revamp last year, not create a new one, so I don't think it'll be a new O12 sectorial.

5. PanO: PanO has two popular oop sectorials, NCA and Acon. But it already got a revamped sectorial with MO last year, and Svalarheima is still waiting for releases. So I think they're out as well.

4. Nomads: The only Nomad sectorial in need of a revamp is Bakunin, and Nomads already got all the attention last year and this one with the new Corregidor stuff. But as a Nomad player myself, I would of course love some new Bakunin releases. Most of all a new Lizard. Unlikely, but one can dream.

3. Ariadna: With Kosmoflot being the equivalent to Corregidor for the Nomads, I don't see why Ariadna should get another "new" sectorial this year. BUT, MRRF is the oldest discontinued sectorial out there, and I think bringing it back would make a lot of players very happy and give back an amazing flavor to the faction. CHA is possible too, though that one has been discontinued very recently and therefore might stay a while like that.

2. Yu Jing: Although YJ has kind of a full roster right now, and no sectorial is oop per se, the Imperial Service is in dire need of an update. Additionally, the last big new thing for YJ was White Banner, and the releases for that one are almost complete. So from a logical standpoint, IS getting a revamp is all the way up there with...

1. Combined Army: The Morats aren't oop either, but they could definitely use some attention, to be fair. The current starter is old, the sectorial could use a boost to put in on par with the rest of the N4 power creep, and they got a new profile with N4 that's still missing a model (Dropsuit Taryot). The last sectorial getting an update being Shasvastii and that in return being a long time back, and CA being a very popular faction in general, this is my strongest contender.

But of course, we all know that logic is not the biggest priority when it comes to CBs release schedule, so it could be anything and everything.

EDIT: After seeing that Morats will be discontinued in April, I'm changing my top runners to ISS or MRRF. They wouldn't discontinue the whole line if they meant to update it.

Finally, if I could choose my personal favorite Action Packs, they would look like this:

NCA

2 Auxilia: female w/combi+deployable repeater, male w/combi
    2 Auxbots
    1 Hexa Hacker
    1 Bolt w/MSR
    1 Aquila Guard w/multi marksman
    1 Swiss Guard w/ML
    1 Locust w/SMG
    1 new unit, in the spirit of CB adding new stuff when they're revamping something

Bakunin

3 Moderators w/combi
    1 Prowler hacker
    1 Reverend Custodier w/combi+pitcher
    1 Reverend Moira w/HMG
    1 Riot Grrl w/Spitfire
    1 Zero w/combi
    2 new units, in the spirit of CB adding new stuff when they're revamping something

MRRF

3 Metros w/rifle
    1 Loup-Garous w/viral rifle
    1 Zouave w/rifle+panzerfaust
    1 Briscard w/marksman rifle
    1 Moblot w/AP rifle
    1 Jaques Bruant w/AP Spitfire
    2 new units, in the spirit of CB adding new stuff when they're revamping something

That's my take. What do you think?

#1 burlesford, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    Brokenwolf and Golem2God like this.
  2. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

MO Action Pack resculpt.

3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I'm pretty sure it'll just be a repackaging of the spiral corps army pack into an action pack, just like the JSA one. There were also pretty strong hints of a dashat army pack a few years ago, wouldn't be surprised if it comes as an action pack too.

Kyle Katarn and Golem2God like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Didn't consider this, but it makes sense.
    On the other hand, CB would like in an event like Adepticon to promote a product that would sell more, so that Dashat army pack or other Sectorial in the Action Pack format would make more sense.

burlesford likes this.
  5. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

im going for a new NA2 sectorial. Probably the Defiance characters one. That makes the oportunity to release a bunch of general sculpts tied to the game...

But that not adjust to the Revamped Army theme, so... yeah, Bakunin with Lizard being the 1st Siocast Resculpted TAG??

#5 fari, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

This sounds the most likely. Though maybe it could also be USAriadna since they too have not made the jump to action pack status.

Sedral likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I'm not against the idea that this will happen, but I don't think it's the Action Pack teased by CB. In the last video Bostria said it would be a whole revamp similar to MO, with updates in the army builder and additional releases. This speaks against a simple repack like the JSA one in my mind.

Sedral and Golem2God like this.
  8. Golem2God

Or Hassassins. They are scheduled for a sectorial revamp for a good year. Plus there is that new TAG of theirs that was placed in the Army Builder not to mention units with no models.

It's Hassassins first, then Spiral Corps or USAriadna a possible second in my mind.

9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

True. But with Haqq being the runner-up for the Operations Pack at GenCon this year, I cannot imagine a second Haqq sectorial getting an Action Pack as well.

Errhile, Brokenwolf and Golem2God like this.
  10. Golem2God

So you think Hassassins might be the Haqq side of a Code One two-player box then. I agree with that but if it is not Haqqislam being part of the box then that still leaves us the possibility of the action pack being Hassassins.

11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I am guessing either an ISS or MRRF Action Pack. Both would be very welcomed. I am assuming the the next Operations Box shall be Hassassins versus Steel Phalanx, due to the fact that the Shujae, Nadhir, and Yara Haddad need models. The Shakush also would make a great Code One Tag Box.

Time Bandit, Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  12. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I would have thought the new Haqq with Aleph box, if that is to be the case, will likely be the missing sectorial. Would be great if it was HB, but they already did a new starter with the new spindly thin models in and the ayyar. Given QK could use an update, this is more likely to me to be a new starter if they bother. Either way I am awaiting any and all Haqq updates especially HB.

I'd probably go with morats. Can't imagine it'll be Acon as their starter was pretty new already, despite being swiftly removed (why.., oh why... sigh).

Gwynbleidd, Golem2God and burlesford like this.
  13. fari

No chance for Gaqbar being the Code One Haqq side?

14. Golem2God

I would be shocked if that was the case.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  15. Golem2God

I'm sad Acon & NCA are not in print right now. I'll look forward to their eventual return.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  16. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I voted Steel Phalanx, and have QK as my second most likely, though one of the Ariadna sectorials or Morats probably deserves it more.

Reasons:
    1) both feature fireteams, and so would be a way to show off the new fireteam rules, but need a rework of units to be good across the board (SP has the big-boi skew list dominating all other builds, while QK has just faded in general)
    2) We know from the MO rework that they are willing to have a faction be featured even during that faction's Code1 release cycle, probably because they have the design work done. QK would overlap with both the upcoming summer Haq release and Corregidor's current release cycle thanks to its nomad loan units.
    3) There are enough SP feature rules that aren't in code 1 (Berzerk, frenzy, NWI, smoke, etc) and units mentioned in the fluff that never had models (Amazons, Hoplites) that I think they could do both the Code1 releases of the more "normal" units and still have plenty of units for a MO style wave of the special units.

burlesford likes this.
  17. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I'd love if Mirage were a sign of going towards MRRF "soon" rather than an opportunity mini off Luxumbra's success.

18. fari

Steel Phalanx will be the Aleph part of the Code One Box. Almost confirmed

19. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

My question from this would be, what is needed for Steel Phalanx that wont be in the starter! Sure, a little early to be asking hehe and likely the wrong thread.

20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Are we talking about something beyond what was already said about the Kaldstrom figures would be coming out as separate action packs? So, White Banner and SWF.

And I think the the Gencon Battle pack with be Aleph vs. Haqqislam. They are the only ones left for Code 1.

#20 Space Ranger, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation