1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Daiyokai is best Daiyokai?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by paraelix, Aug 9, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

So the big-boy Samurai has got a nice buff from the FAQ reversal on V:NWI... But I'm still on the fence about which loadout is the better one - Red Fury vs Multi Rifle.

Fatality turns the Red Fury into a bargain Shock Spitfire with Burst 4 Dmg 14, and Fatality turns the Multi into a smaller HMG with Burst 3 Dmg 14 and access to AP, Shock, and DA. Otherwise, the loadouts are identical.

Thoughts and opinions?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The Red Fury is better for a solo Daiyokai running around, IMO. In a faction as SWC-starved as JSA is now, the discount Spitfire (which would normally be 2 SWC on a profile like the Daiyokai) is huge for a B4 DAM14 weapon.

In the Haris, I'd argue it doesn't matter as much. B4->B5 isn't effectively as big a jump in effectiveness as B3->B4 is, especially against linked B2 AROs (anything you'd beat with B4 you'd probably beat with B5, all other factors held equal), and the added benefit of an AP mode makes it noticeably better against beefier ARM4+ models. The nerf to shock against 2-wound models actually works back against the Daiyokai here since it means some of his targets won't be effected by his ammo either now.

3. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

So shock doesn't work against 2 Wound models now? They have changed it again in the FAQ? Sorry If I misunderstood.

I prefer the Multi Marksman Daiyokai but I often find myself in need of the extra 3 points, while I have an SWC point to spare. I often choose the Red Fury because of this reason.

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Yeah, two wound models treat shock as normal ammo now .

Lothair likes this.
  5. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

Edit: Nvm :]

Thanks for the reply!

#5 Lothair, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I prefer the Red Fury yokai.

He brings a big gun in an otherwise light-on-guns faction. The high burst, especially comboed with a Harris, can clear out most ARO pieces. this is a necessary function to get your samurai and ninjas closer. Spending so many points on a non-SWC piece never feels good.

7. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Worth mentioning too that the Red Fury is 0 band up close, while the Marksman is -3. That's not a huge deal if you're running Haris and have a specialized 0-8 inch weapon on one of the Domaru, but it does really limit a solo Daiyokai's ability to threaten up close. Hunting down things like Camo Forward Observers, Hackers, etc. could leave the Daiyokai very vulnerable in that rangeband, struggling to be decisive, since you're highly inaccurate with your ranged weapon but still not close enough to initiate CC.

I think this reinforces the concept that the MULTI Marksman really benefits from Haris, but the Red Fury is fantastic for running the Daiyokai solo.

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Because JSA is usually hurting for SWC (quite the change from the past!), I'm more interested in the MMR version. Nothing wrong with the Red Fury, and as noted there are times it's better, but SWC tends to be the limiting factor in a lot of my lists. So even if I start out taking the Red Fury, I often end up switching it out to the MMR.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation