1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start with OSS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Scutarii, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Scutarii

Scutarii Active Member

Hi!

I played a bit fo N3 and a few games of N4 a while ago but have been out of the loop and not paying attention. But I want to get back into playing and am deciding between YJ's ISS or Aleph's OSS.

The main draw of OSS is the feeling of funky tricks with AI personalities jumping around, hacker buffs and shenanigans.

I don't really know where to start with them though. What's good? What's bad? Is the starter box good or will I only use one or two models while the rest sit unloved?

Thanks!

2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

The Action pack. Parvati. Proxys (old box first). Dakini box. Naga Blister. That makes a solid start.

3. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I do agree with the post before mine. Action pack, dakini, Naga, proxy. I would add Garuda because they are great value.

4. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

The Action Pack and the Dakini box are good first purchases. Naga blister and the the rebot box are also very useful.
    I'd actually recommend the newer(2G) Posthuman box and the Aleph Support pack instead of the older posthuman box. Build the sophotect without the base ring and she's a good substitute for the Mk1, while The Mk5 smg and the Mk4s are more likely to be used than the Mk3 or the Mk2 sniper from the first box. (The Naga sniper from the action pack can also represent the Mk2 sniper) Plus it gets you the yudbots and Netrods you're going to use.
    After that, Andromeda, Danavas, one Garuda, the newer Asura, or Dart depending on what interests you.
    Edit: Parvati and the Chandra Spec Ops are also good pickups. (Chanfdra makes a good Trisha until her model gets released)

#4 RolandTHTG, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  5. Scutarii

Scutarii Active Member

Well, pretty consistent advice for the Action Pack! Which is good because there's some good variety in there.

Are there any standout models or combos I should be looking to use?

6. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

Asuras is boss is N4. I like the hacker with 2 LT orders. TR bots are good in N4 because they're very hard to permanently kill. The proxy mk1 engineer is very reliable for picking up all the REMs that OSS wants to bring. Also, the proxy Mk4 HRL is very good and being a road block.

7. Scutarii

Scutarii Active Member

As opposed to the spitfire Lt+1? Multirifle is fine but feels a waste of such a potent piece to have them avoiding gunfights.

8. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

In OSS, you dont need the Asuras to do the long range gun fighting because you have a core linked, hackbuffed, Dakini HMG. Asuras can run up and kill pretty much anything else with either shooting it, hacking it, or spotlighting it for a SML to finish off. She's been very good in most of the games I've played. She still cant stop a bearpode though.

9. Scutarii

Scutarii Active Member

I guess that's what Nagas with mono mines are for!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation