1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do the "extra" missions fit in the campaign?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hecaton, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

And if this isn't really explained, why not?

2. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Megalodron is obviously post-game Core.
    The Outcast/Rev ones are less clear. I'd be inclined to say post-game like Megalodron, but they can earn you gear (which, obviously, is of limited value post-game). So it must be mid-campaign.

Whenever you feel up to it and it isn't too narratively jarring, imo.

3. Hecaton

The lack of instruction on this matter is a serious oversight. Like how nowhere in the core rules does it say you can't replenish stuff between missions after you make the jump.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Is what you're trying to complain about covered by the FAQ?
    Are players allowed to make medicine and engineering rolls, and buy more equipment in between missions 10-13?​

They are not allowed to under any circumstances to do this. Missions 10 to 13 can be considered as “episodes” of a single mission. At no point will the Characters have the opportunity to return to the Defiance in order to perform those Rolls, and thus acquiring new Equipment. It is the moment of truth - there is no safety net.​

How are you going to replenish anything in that sort of situation?
    Disclaimer: Yeah, the campaign book really should have had a statement in it concerning how missions 10 to 13 are supposed to work. Or else labeled those missions as Part 1, 2, 3 or whatever.

CAnon likes this.
  5. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

I mean, even with the FAQ it doesn't make clear whether they count as separate missions for the purposes of removing damage and aggro and unflipping specialties.

I assume you still wipe damage/aggro and get your skills refreshed, because otherwise oh god what the fuck, but it'd be nice to know. :sweat_smile:

Hecaton and solkan like this.
  6. Hecaton

Yeah, it's because they didn't get an outside set of eyes on the rulebook for review. I really wish they had. I hope they do so for TAG Raid. @HellLois if you want someone to nitpick the crap out of TAG raid's rules, let me know.

EDIT: I'll take a pass at the WIP rulebook this week and send it over to you.

#6 Hecaton, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  7. ChrisCenobite

ChrisCenobite Member

Still no idea how to "use" extra missions. It's a big problem to fit them in the campaign or even make a new campaign using those missions without knowing the difficulty of each. Anyone tried to play it? I thought they were standalone missions but since You can get gear etc. this makes no sense.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation