1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to take Omadon Reroll and Who Chooses Order?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jonah, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Hi all

As the title said when does the Omadon re-roll happen if you are using this arena? My guess, and the way we've played it before, is that this happens before the Critical Block step like cards that allow you to reroll?

Also, who gets to choose who takes their reroll first as this could have an important bearing on whether you choose (e.g. Player A chooses Player B to reroll first and Player B gets a really good roll so Player A decides it's not worth it and saves their Omadon for later in the round)? I guess the options here are either the Underdog (who chooses who plays cards first) or the active player (who chooses the Switch order)?

Thanks

Jonah

2. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Hi!

Although there's no timing related to the Omadon Arena Effect, I'd put it before the Critical Blockand Switches (as you say, using the same timing as the reroll-type Effects). Remember that, when both players want to put an Effect into play (usually involving Tactics or coincidental Effects), is the Underdog who chooses the order (as almost every other tie in timings or similar; the active player only chooses Switches order).

Hope this helps!

:3

(P.S. Invoking @-V- in case there may be further necessary clarifications :3)

Croepoek and Jonah like this.
  3. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Thanks. Most people seem to think Underdog as well. I think it probably should be Underdog but could see an argument being made for active player because of Switches.

A related question. Is the order about whether you choose to use Omadon or whether you make the roll? So would it be:

Option A

Player A chooses Player B to decide whether to use Omadon

Player B says they will then immediately rolls

Player A then chooses whether to use their reroll

Option B

Player A chooses Player B to decide whether to use Omadon

Player B chooses to use it

Player A must choose now whether to use their Omadon as well

Players A and B roll

If option B could Player B choose not to use the Omadon then change their mind if Player A said they were going to (like we can with tactics cards)?

Thanks again

Croepoek likes this.
  4. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Option A (assuming Player A is Underdog)

When a Player chooses to use Omadon (or any Effect, btw), it has to resolve it immediatly (save those Effects which have an specific timing yet to reach)

Hope this helps!

:3

5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

An "immediately" should be missing in the text of "Omadon Arena". The players may re-roll their 'blanks' immediately after they rolled. So this should happen before the Critical Block Step. Players usually don't need to wait for their opponent to take and express their decision to make a re-roll, but, in case they do, Underdog chooses.

The rule of thumb is: Underdog is here to unblock the game (it's a 2-players game with no referee). Imagine two people inviting each other to enter a place:
    "-Please, you first
    -Oh, no, you first
    -I insist
    -So do I
    -..."
    As there is no third one to push one of them inside, you need to give one of them the power to choose.

:wink:

AdmiralJCJF, Neengash, Damiel and 3 others like this.
  6. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

That's very helpful, thank you both :slightly_smiling_face:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation