1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Real life Infinity camos go wrong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Koin-Koin, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

That's because that's not camo, that's O.D.D., you're forced to look away in pain

Danger Rose, Berjiz, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  3. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

It's pretty much working on the same principle used by a SEP field.

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  4. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

It's just razzle-dazzle camo in action.

Reminds me of a bit of fluff from 40K surrounding the Blood Axe orks. They saw imperial armies using camouflage and thought it was a great idea to copy, but missed the point somewhat and made their camo patterns in garish colours like purple, justified because, 'well, youz ain't eva seen a purple ork 'avs ya'. However, much like the collective belief of the orks that red vehicles actually go faster, and the way that the collective waaagh! energy works in-verse, it ends up being really effective camoflage

#4 leigen_zero, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    chromedog and jherazob like this.
  5. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Why am I looking at two cars and a dude on the sidewalk across the road?

Koin-Koin, Abrilete and jherazob like this.
  6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Purple works as one of the colours in a camo scheme (it works well with a darker green). Your brain will just not "see" stuff if it can't make out a decent outline of it. Just disrupting that outline or shape *enough* will do it. This is why yowie suits work, too.
    I had a unit of scouts (40k miniatures) done up in purple/green camo and I lost them in a piece of jungle terrain ( lots of shrubberies, no trees). Predominant colour was a bright fluoro green in the forest.

jherazob likes this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I swapped a mid-violet color for the red-brown in German Ambush camo for one of my 15mm scifi armies (Chuhuac space raptors). It looked garish, but still worked as camo.

jherazob likes this.
  8. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

I'm not sure if that was deliberate on GWs part, or if they just needed a faction colour for blood axes and purple contrasts really well with ork skin.
    Heck, they retconned orks having green blood (it's now a dark red) just because the studio team pointed out green blood on green skin looks crap.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation