1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does the number of command tokens a player has become public?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by RobertShepherd, Feb 18, 2021.

1. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Situation: an O12 player begins the game by rolling a WIP14 lieutenant roll. Their opponent wins and is deciding whether to pick initiative or deployment. They ask 'how many command tokens do you have?'

When does this become open information? The earliest a player can spend tokens is during the 1st player's deployment, to reserve an extra model.

For reference: the answer to the question in this case will reveal exactly what the O12's player is - either Cho or an Alpha.

Hecaton and 1337Bolshevik like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, your number of Command Tokens depends on the skills of your list and will be present for the entire match until spent. I.e. it becomes open information as soon as you pick your list.

Also Omega.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I trusted the O12 player who asked me the question but good point about the Omega.

So we're thinking at list choice? Functionally revealed simultaneous with revealing Lt WIP?

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yeah, but keep in mind I'm just unable to find anything that says when they're generated at a particular time, it's fully possible I missed something

5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Given that you can use CTs during Deployment, i would dare to say it is an info to disclose BEFORE.
    Exactly when, well... No way to know!

6. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Maybe a bit of a stretch, but absent any more explicit rule: the Lieutenant rule has this bullet:

+1 Command Token. The player that takes this Trooper as their Lieutenant will have one extra Command Token for the match.

"The match" is about as broad as wording can get - possibly broader even than "the game" given that the initiative roll happens "before the game begins." So arguably, if you have your command tokens "for the match" you have them right from the very beginning. Possibly you even have four before you choose your list, and then gain a fifth as soon as you choose the list with the Alpha lt :-)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation