1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does the game begin?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Kazavon, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Kazavon

Kazavon Uxia McNeill's #1 Fan

For the purpose of Countermeasures. Several points in the Rulebook note that they are performed "before the game begins" such as Initiative, a Classified card draw or Deployment, but the Countermeasures Classified draw specifies "when the game begins." When is this?

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I would perform the draw immediately before the first player's turn. I.e. after all deployment has been completed, but before the first player's tactical phase, at which point the cards need to already be present.

meikyoushisui and Sabin76 like this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

That is the way we played it last week. It certainly has to be before you have a chance to cycle the cards, and I think it's by design that you have to choose your datatracker before seeing what comes up.

toadchild likes this.
  4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I don't have a rules citation right now, but based on the chunk of translation I did the other week, most rules treat the tactical phase of the first player's turn as the 'beginning of the game'.

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation