1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do you decide the MBH profile and combat group?

Discussion in 'ITS' started by QueensGambit, Oct 25, 2021.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

The Bike Recon rule just says "In this scenario, both players can add one Motorized Bounty Hunter..." but doesn't say when. I suppose that RAW, you "add" the MBH at the point you deploy it, so you could decide on profile and combat group during your own deployment phase (or even keep the MBH as your reserve to decide at the very last minute). But I have no idea, really.

Another possibility is that you decide at list-building, since Army lets you include it in your list. I guess that means printing out multiple copies of your lists for missions that do or don't have Bike Recon, and also raises the question of, if two missions in a tournament have Bike Recon, can you choose a different MBH for each of them?

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

For ease of sanity I'm going with just decide all of the above when you select your list for the mission.

3. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

When you make your list.

chromedog likes this.
  4. pumadriftcat

pumadriftcat Member

You add it during deployment

that doesn't exactly work like that for ITS when you have to submit your lists ahead of time, and the OTM won't let you upload invalid lists.

also there may be times where you would opt to use your 2nd list depending on who you're paired up against.

5. Cthulhu363

It does work like that. Have you tried? When you add in the ITS BIKE RECON motorized bounty hunter, if it is a valid list, instead of a green check mark, you'll see a purple exclamation point. that means the list is valid but only for the specific ITS scenarios that allow it.
    So yes. You do choose the profile when you make the list.

chromedog likes this.
  6. pumadriftcat

pumadriftcat Member

i did not realize that army had been updated recently. It was not like that when I had to submit lists for an ITS at the start of season 13.

7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone knows: three options as I see them (and outlined above).

1. When writing the list (simply don't deploy it if Bike Recon isn't allowed).
    2. When selecting the list (ie after the mission is decided, after you know what your opponent is playing, after you've drawn classifieds but before the LT roll).
    3. Immediately prior to deploying the model

Any of those works. Until @HellLois weighs in I recommend you specify in tournie packs.

Personally I find the inclusion of ITS BIKE RECON MBH in Army as instructive and would default to 1. But that's fairly interpretive.

I don't like 2. Because you can't practically distinguish it from 3 unless you add a "Announce what MBH profile you're choosing" step prior to the LT roll.

8. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

The army supports the BIKE RECON rule, so it isnt a invalid list. The army shows you a reminder of the validity of the army list.

The intention of the rule is to choose the MBH when creating the army list and simply don't deploy it if Bike Recon isn't allowed.
    Thats why the Army support this option.

chromedog, pumadriftcat, zapp and 6 others like this.
  9. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Rezzing this due to an oddity.
    I'm playing in a tournament using the new CORSAIR rule. Creating my list in Army builder and adding the Bashi to it correctly excludes the unit's cost. My list is 300 points as shown in the Army Builder. However, there is a purple exclamation mark where there would normally be a green check or red X.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.02.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.02.29 PM.png

Note that the list value is shown as 300 points here, as well as when I print the list out. However, the printed list DOES NOT include the ITS seal of approval.

However, when I got to OTM to submit the list, it shows that the list costs 315 points.
    Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.03.44 PM.png

I'm unclear whether the list submission process is working or if the list will be considered illegal. I've noticed that the OTM does not show any recent changelogs. I'm not sure if it matters, but this tournament was created prior to the switch from ITS 13 to ITS 14. I'm not sure if the BIKE RECON rule may have been baked into what OTM is searching for or not.

10. Cthulhu363

The purple exclamation mark means it is valid, but only for certain ITS missions.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation