1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your style

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by wuji, Mar 28, 2021.

?

What design intent do you guys prefer behind your models

1. Mature theme with realistic dynamic posing

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Mature theme and stoic posing

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Dont care much as long as its CAD

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Fun-Loving/Anime theme with dynamic posing

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Full on Kogal/PinUp sculpts

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Don't care for maturity level as long the force matches

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Just wanna know what the real preference is for the more vocal on the forums is, unless we get a large number of foot traffic some how that hasnt been ran off by all the crazy we've injected into this place, sometimes it's more reminiscent of a mad house

#1 wuji, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    stevenart74 and redeemer like this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

What is "mature theme" supposed to mean? Boobs? Or serious as contrary to the "anime girls in short skirts"?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Where's the "I hate FUCKING tactical rocks ruining my resin urban bases" option?

Rizzy, inane.imp, Pierzasty and 7 others like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

What constitutes "mature"?

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Just going out on a limb; since there is an option for pin-ups and one for anime, "mature" probably doesn't mean blood, gore, or boobs, but "realism".

6. Nuada Airgetlam

I would like to be able to assume that, but these are the Forums we're on.

Stiopa, chromedog and QueensGambit like this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Couldnt decide whether rocks were PG13 or R...

8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Probably better you say what you think is mature, and then the choice you really wanna vote for will present itself to you

9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Matching the unit description and statblock is most important. I'm happy for cheerkillers to be wearing flashy clothing and striking strange poses, having poor gun safety etc. ARM 3 moiras being naked is a design failure.

For professional soldiers I prefer gun being aimed or in a safe direction. I don't mind the uniforms being a bit sexy so long as it fits the background (skintight stealth suits, armour six packs, boob plate, pony tails, the occasional heel).

I HATE resizing of guns. The only thing worse is moving around parts of guns to make it fit the pose (scout sniper, tankhunter APHMG). Fix the pose not the gun, for god's sake. Make the woman bigger, don't shrink her gun, what's the matter with you. Have you seen the Fusilier HMG? No neither have I because nobody takes it and also it's small enough to be used as ammunition by the men's Combi rifles.

The reliance on rocks and crates to pose legs is getting a little embarrassing at this point.

10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I guess I should remind that the most common complain before the digital era sculpting was "the guns are huge on females why?" they were in fact the same size the males had.

11. Nuada Airgetlam

Because guns are oversized on males as well. Which is only more visible on smaller framed female sculpts.

Guns in Infinity are simply huge lumps of metal / ceramics / plastic / unobtainium.

12. the huanglong

I found the guns to be too big for both sexes when I first got started.

[​IMG]

The solution would have been shrink all the guns, or increase the size of all the models. Shrinking guns for female models and increasing the size of the male models is a really bizarre choice that speaks to a 'women must be tiny at any cost' mindset.

wes-o-matic, Hecaton, Stiopa and 3 others like this.
  13. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

to be honest the game has moved away from the anime aesthetic in N3 and I still love CBs sculpts the newish more realistic looks are great and come closer to my vision now sic-fi/slightly cyberpunk elite forces should look. Do I think every female model should look like a supermodel and have half her ass/breasts exposed? We could use some body type diversity like in overwatch Shadowrun or cyberpunk

SaladSnek and Stiopa like this.
  14. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Did you click force matching?

15. the huanglong

Have now, I wasn't sure what maturity or force matching meant in this context.

Like we can agree that Bible Black and Legend of Galactic Heroes are both anime for mature audiences, but they'd have very different impact on the material they inspire.

16. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I meant match in general, aesthetics, lore etc etc.

Generally speaking though, lore does match a forces presentation unless rules wise CB hasnt figured out how to make said troops balanced in the game. Like, I personally think with the new crit rule and CB putting tactical awareness, NCO and Lt +1 Order on more troops plus warbands have had extra order since the beginning, I suspect the next edition we are going to see more troops seem like they are titans. So Morats for example will more thoroughly match their fluff, appearance and will play more distinctly different from other factions. A real alien superior aggressive feal... And there will just be less of them on the board. Like, you might actually be able to field a viable force of 8 Morats.

Also, I dont suppose you know where I could read the new description of Karakuri?

17. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

Using terms like "mature" kind of invites a bias, doesn't it? I mean, it heavily implies that anyone who doesn't chose one of the first two options isn't mature. It restricts anime to a pretty narrow category. What category do the huge number of Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed inspired models fall into?

I hate to say it wuji, but I think this is a pretty poor poll. The questions are very heavily skewed.

18. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You're "possibly" right, only in the regards that some people might be offended by it, but people who watch PG13 movies arent offended by that rating or NC17 or M for Mature etc... and I actually dont understand how at least 3 or 4 people including your self can imply that GitS isnt mature...

I mean like, I'm not offended by the fact that I like to rewatch Avatar the last airbender. I am mature, that does not mean I dont like immature content from time to time. Avatar, obviously expresses an age of becoming mature though. Likewise, the Harry Potter franchise.

19. the huanglong

I wasn't sure there was one. There might be some relevant background in Uprising but you'll have to forgive me for not opening that book ever again.

Dragonstriker and wuji like this.
  20. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

we'll probably get new lore with the first expansion of N4

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation