1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s the thing you’re most worried about seeing on the other side of the table?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by yoink101, Feb 11, 2020.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

As in the title, what’s the thing that gives you the jitters? That model/fireteam/faction that you see across from you and have that little moment of panic?

When I’m playing Steel Phalanx, the Rui Shi has and always will cause me a little bit of panic. With few hackers, generally a poor repeater net, and no deployables or surprise token states, the Rui Shi will always fill me with dread. If I go first, it is always my first target. My second is the engineer. If I go second, I try my best to make it impossible for it to engage me outside of template range. The Mukhtar has recently joined the ranks as one of my worst fears as Phalanx.

With OSS, it’s warbands. Especially fast moving warbands. Getting templates and CC monsters into my back line that can cheaply and effectively gut my army is terrible. I honestly don’t mind Oniwaban as much, because then my opponent is at least paying a lot of points for it.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I don't like everything close-range from Ariadna. Being it cheap chain rifles, that want to "trade" or any kind of unstoppable wolfs, that is going to missile into my support units.

RasPuto and yoink101 like this.
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics) / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 56)

Had to roll 6 ARM dices on my Asura Lt2 yesterday. Fairly traumatizing. Probably not what I'll be most worried to see in the future tho.

RasPuto likes this.
  4. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Jotum on ARO duty when playing OSS. I can't smoke, i can't really kill or disable it at range with most of my lists (not saying OSS can't, just that i usually don't field what i would need to face that), and i most probably can't reach it and hack it since my opponent just expect me to do it and has likely prepared some countermeasures.

yoink101 likes this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Doesn’t Dart like shit on Jotumns? xD

6. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Maybe but i don't field Dart because i have the miniature so i dont want to proxy, but i'm waiting to paint it before playing it, and i'm lazy :p (and since she has a very close range, i can expect big troubles to reach it)

Dakini links can handle it too, but the opponent knows that and would probably put the jotum where my link can't see it without moving to some trap. In other words, that thing is just a big distraction carnifex while something is at hand somewhere, and it's up to me to guess right. I prefer being the one planning tricks :)

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

‘well then, maybe Naga’s with monofilament mines? That makes short work of arm 10, lol

natetehaggresar likes this.
  8. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

The avatar. It's always backed up with a speculo as a one-two dick-punch so thats always a tough battle if going second

Eclipse, yoink101 and jherazob like this.
  9. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

a 15-20 order list. regardless how threatening it is it feels like an eternity just to get to the next turn :P

Djase01 and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation