1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the point of Immobilized?

Discussion in 'General' started by darthchapswag, Jun 11, 2021.

1. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Only just got my hands on my copy and working through the first few missions solo. 3 missions in I think I've finally got a grasp of the rules no thanks to the absolute abortion of a rulebook.

However, putting aside the heinous sin of making a Carbonite program that doesn't inflict immobilized :thinking_face:, one of the (several) things I still don't get is: What's the point in immobilized?

"Enemies: The miniature may only perform the instruction Attack."

Considering the main way of inflicting this state is via hacking and most hackable enemies have great long ranged weapons so rarely need to reposition to fire on a Character, I don't really see how it adds any benefit.

The only target I see this being useful against is Sheskiin, unless later missions have lots of options to immobilize big guys out of LoS?

Now if it meant the target couldn't move and was restricted to one action (or even none) for one turn, or had a reduction in defensive ability (á la stunned but with shields, etc) it would feel significant (but still miles away from on par with the insane Blinded condition).

Am I just missing something?

2. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

That :2::2::2: switch and extra dice on carbonite is much better than immobilized (though that too might have looked better on skullbuster).
    Inflicting states (any states) is good. Situational, but good. You can inflict immobilized and move away from lof. And enemy will just skip a turn.
    Immobilized+blinded combo = enemy cannot move or attack unless its a hacker. Pretty handy on enemies like charontid.

3. Erethros

Erethros Well-Known Member

Well, if you combine it with blind you can gess the result

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation