1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats a Cc weapon? The Confusion of Dual Wield

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by fatRat, Mar 25, 2018.

1. fatRat

fatRat Member

Thats how far we cameXD
    So here we are. Is the Knive a CC weapon?
    What about Pistols?

2. spears

spears Well-Known Member

Maybe I am misreading this, but there is an explicit list of Cc weapons in that link. Dual wield calls out Cc weapons not weapons in cc or anything especially ambiguous. Knives and pistols are a separate weapon type that have the cc trait.

chromedog likes this.
  3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

chromedog and toadchild like this.
  4. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Yeah, it sounds silly and nit-picky, but it is correct to say that the Knife is a weapon capable of CC attacks, and therefore a CC weapon (lower case) but it is not a CC Weapon (Upper Case) haha...

So this is a case where it's helpful to use the CCW notation, because those are the ones that Dual Wield applies to. Note that in the description of Knife it refers explicitly to the fact that there is a category of "full size CC Weapons", implying that the knife is not a part of said category.

Knife: "A small bladed weapon, usually less capable of inflicting damage than bigger CC Weapons, but more easily concealed and more precise for silent takedowns."

CCW: "The term "Close Combat (CC) Weapon" covers all full-sized melee weapons (swords, sabers, axes, spears...) an Infinity soldier might carry."

Dual Wield: "This CC Special Skill allows the user to combine the effects of the Special Ammunitions of two different CC Weapons."

Therefore: no Dual-Wielding with a knife.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I hope the Dual Wield rule gets removed then... just give those who have it a single weapon which is A+B (since having 2 rules that do exactly the same thing is... and to the best of my knowledge, if knife and pistol cannot be used in melee as part of Dual Wield, there are no profiles with 3 melee weapons... nor even one with a A+B and C weapons).
    Sure, forscavengers it's different... but where are scavengers with Dual Wield? Besides there are what, two, three profiles with that skill? (Bandit and Irmandinho).

6. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Unknown Ranger

xagroth likes this.
  7. cazboab

Why not? Most Ariadna players already have...

8. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Ouch dude...

I mean, I've used him occasionally, but yeah he's just a bit scattered in how he's statted out, too much on one profile.

cazboab likes this.
  9. cazboab

That plus the "ariadna can't have nice things" Molotok SWC tax make him a once in a blue moon deployment as CoC to make up for the violent death of Executive Order Van Zant...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation