1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#What Yadus should've been

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Nemo No Name, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

2. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Your opinion. I prefer the yadus we have.

Yadus are something else. They actually fill a gap in OSS: powerful, direct action, unhackable/immune to EM troops, with some kind of versatility (drop bears, E/marats ...). These would just have the same vulnerabilities other troops is OSS have, without giving anything we don't already have.

Solar, yoink101, Smiler and 7 others like this.
  3. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

You are just drunk. Betatroopers scream YuJing unit.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  4. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Are you high? The Zuyongs are still better then the limptrooper. By pure manliness. Clearly comrade, you need to spend some time in the reeducation camp. As you well know, Yu Jing makes the most technologically advance HI in the whole human sphere. And we wouldn't lie to you.:stuck_out_tongue:

yoink101 and WarHound like this.
  5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

As for Yadus, honestly I prefer Yadus with their drop bears and immunity to isolation more than anything the Betatroopers are providing. I'm not even sure I'd want to take them in O-12.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  6. Nemo No Name

See, your first mistake is that I'm commenting from the point of unit strength / value. I am not. My point is that Yadus, being Unhackable dead average LHosts carrying heavy weaponry feels completely at odds with the high tech, "computerised", lightly armed theme of non-Greek Aleph.

Betatroopers, on the other hand, feel completely perfect as a heavy combat version of the Dakini. Created to do the heavy lifting in combat, directed by the more lightly armed Devas and Asuras.

As a second note, E/Marats are a scourge on Infinity. No factions need weaponry that makes TAGs and HI less viable on the table.

Third, Drop Bears, whatever. I have my Nagas and Dasyus to seed mines. But they could've easily given them to other troopers. Maybe to Arjunas Kiranbots instead of the Cyber-waste-of-text-mines?

Also, "powerful"? "Direct action"? Yadus? Do you even play this game bro? :D

Pen-dragon likes this.
  7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I really don't get your point at all. Yadus seem perfectly in keeping with OSS unit design theme. Sounds like a personal problem than anything wrong with the unit. If you don't like the Yadus, thats fine. They are slightly more study and armed than most Lhosts but not by much. But with how much more common e/m ammo and jammers are, the immunity to isolation is pretty great.

Yes, the Betatrooper is a better Rambo unit but Yadus strength is their utility.

#7 Death, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    TheRedZealot, Ayadan and Solodice like this.
  8. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Ah, the hate boner for the Yadu has risen again. We get it you don't like them on a thematic level (which is funny as being the door kicker of OSS I think they fit it to a damn t). They are pretty fine mechanically and they sure do their job well from what I've seen though.

So keep up your lonely crusade of yelling into the sky about something others don't think twice about.

TheRedZealot likes this.
  9. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Dude won major 40 player event here in UK with limited insertion yadu list lol

TheRedZealot, Stiopa and WarHound like this.
  10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Looks like this will be another epic meme post. I'll ride up and bring my hotdogs here

csjarrat and Ayadan like this.
  11. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I didnt talked about the "feel", because it is, well, a personnal feeling, not something that we can easily talk about.

We already have the heavy remote, it's the rudras.

As for powerful, Betatroopers have mimetism, but smaller weapons than yadus (spitfire vs HMG, no HRL). Same BS. Overall, are they really that stronger ? Do you even realise that profiles are similar, the only thing that makes you say they are more powerful is mimetism ? That is, ignoring the fact that MSV (and linked MSV) are such a common sight there is a need for pure bruteforce units ?

12. Nemo No Name

Feeling is maybe a bad word. Lore-appropriateness I guess. Fitting in with the theme.
    Yawn. So far, it has never managed to not disappoint me. Also partially for me, it's the fact it is obviously supposed to be Probot and they just stuck a gun there to pretend it isn't. And the fact it is not linkable in OSS.
    For one thing, Mimetism is very powerful. However, as I mentioned earlier, I don't want Betatroopers because they are powerful, I want them because they fit the theme.
    If we got the Betatrooper profile, I'd probably be saying they aren't all that powerful. However, I would still be playing them.

And anyway, Yadus can't really brute force past MSV units like that. I'd much rather have a Dakini than Yadu any day of the week - in good part because Dakini is so much cheaper.

13. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

Wow, you have so much hate for the yadus that you forgot rudras ARE linkable ... in yadu links.

csjarrat likes this.
  14. Nemo No Name

I did not forget. I don't hate Yadus, not per se, I just ignore their existence in the army builder. Thus, Rudras are unlinkable.

15. Nemo No Name

It never went away :hankey:

16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It's your decision to handicap yourself, but let's call it that, and not pretend it's some kind of OSS problem.

Before the sectorial arrived I was playing a semi-OSS by not using SP units in my lists, but I didn't comment that vanilla Aleph is weak, because it has no Warbands, CC units, and Smoke ;)

Betatroopers are awesome, no argument there.

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  17. Nemo No Name

Wow, nice strawman, congrats. As I repeated multiple times, I never claimed either Aleph or OSS is weak.

I am seriously considering staying from these forums, and you specifically are a major part in this. Your fanboyism and automatic approval of everything is extremely aggravating for someone who likes to enjoy the *game* as is, not just playing pretend with my tin soldiers.

18. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Nemo, what the hell you're talking about? I an not claiming you're saying OSS is weak, I am claiming that your stance on Yadus is influencing your other opinions. Though I think the blame's on me on this one, I could phrase it more clearly.

And if you think I'm a fanboy, you might be just as biased in regard to my posts, as you are to Yadus. In the latter case, fine, we don't have to agree about them. But even though your negative posts are just as aggravating to me sometimes as my positive ones are apparently aggravating to you, I don't call yours "whining". So how about we act civil here?

chaos11 and Nenyx like this.
  19. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I just think your belief of what OSS should be is very divergent from CB and apparently most peeps in the forum. No amount of posting is really ever going to change that, at this point every one knows @Nemo No Name hates yadu, YAWN.

I think they're awesome, aleph to me is about non-human "servants" of humanity.

Sure daikini fall into that theme, but they're IMO not terribly interesting being not really sentient. Devas and Yadu really feel like high quality replicants and insane quality replicants a la blade runner (Yadu being like Luv, even more durable).

Asura are something more akin to the major in ghost in a shell with lots of cybernetic enhancements as well.

All of these humanesque lhosts are far more interesting to me in a sense that they really could be a form of post humanity. While HI daikini could be sentient as well, I like the "organic" creations more than another robot (which may or may not have dubious code).

Barrogh, Pen-dragon, chaos11 and 4 others like this.
  20. MerloyJenkils

MerloyJenkils Well-Known Member

I do understand where Nemo is coming from... but it’s so much subjective that these kind of discusions shouldn’t exist. Some love it some don’t. Problem is that people think they can persuado others to change opinion... rarely see it in forums. Its kind of a agree to disagree.

Everyone can also just not reply to the posts, that’s it... or just take it as a discussion piece, just because of the sake of a discusion without thinking the other party is out to get you.

Devil_Tiger and LaughinGod like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation