1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What skills can be use in ARO?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by DeadlyOcean, May 14, 2018.

1. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

Well. this is kind a dumb question I think, but I just wanna know what skills can be use in ARO.

according to Wiki page,

IMPORTANT!
    Using an ARO, the Reactive Player can only declare Skills that specifically state they are usable in ARO.

So I checked Idle common skill first, and there is no ARO like 'Activate'

I'm so confusing right now.

I can't use 'Idle' in ARO? if I can't, my troopers in Marker state always reacting with another skills even I don't want? I know if requirements are not fulfilled, that skill become to 'Idle' but it's something ridiculous I think.

Am I reading wrong something or missing something? please tell me...

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

If you don't want to ARO, you simply don't ARO. Declaring an Idle as an ARO would mean you DID take an ARO, and did absolutely nothing with it.

3. DeadlyOcean

Well. first thanks for fast respond.

can you tell me more details about that?

because I read this :

The Reactive Player must declare AROs for all eligible troopers immediately after the Active Player declares his Entire Order or the first Short Skill of his Order (see: Order Expenditure Sequence). Troopers that fail to do so lose their ARO against that Order. If, by declaring the second Short Skill of its Order, the active trooper gives ARO to enemy troopers that did not have ARO against the first Short Skill, then those enemy troopers can declare their AROs.

English is not my native language so sometimes I feeling confusing about just simple thing. :sweat_smile:

4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I think you might be mistaking "Idle" for "Delay". They are not the same thing. Idle is literally doing nothing. Delay is holding off until a later time (the declaration of the second short skill of a marker in most cases).

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The second sentence is what you need to look at - If you don't declare an ARO when you have the opportunity, you don't get a second chance. Taken together, they do not say that you must declare an ARO, only that you must declare an ARO as soon as possible if you want to ARO at all.

Not declaring anything is fine.

inane.imp likes this.
  6. DeadlyOcean

Nope. I just wanna know 'declare nothing in AROs is okay?' not about delay. but still thanks to reply this :)

Well. now I get it. I thought 'fail to do' meaning differently.

Thanks to y'all! now I can sleep without confusion. XD

Xeurian likes this.
  7. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

The phrase 'failed to' can certainly cause problems when directly translated because it doesn't always imply that an attempt was made... Your confusion is very easily understandable.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation