1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What not to buy ?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Arkhos94, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to buy and paint my Pano army (second to last needed to own all armies) and I'm wondering wich minis I should not buy because they the sculpt are too old and likely to be replace.

With the new release of support pack and drones, I have put all the drones/support boxes on hold for now but what else who you advice me not to buy (or at least put "on hold") ?

2. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

What's your timeline looking like? I'd not expect a new machinist/trauma doc pack and all of the remotes to be replaced for at least a year or two, and possibly much longer--the PanO remotes are the best looking of the older ones imo. That said, who knows?

I'd expect new ORCs to come down the pipe with varuna, along with a new Cutter as a big splashy release. Auxilia are old but I wouldn't expect a resculpt anytime soon. Knight of the Holy Sepulchre is old but still holds up just fine. Teutonic/Santiago knights are also older but perfectly serviceable so I wouldn't expect any changes there either.

I feel like they've been pretty aggressive with modernizing PanO sculpts and unlike some factions the vast majority of the models are new.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

I'm playing one new army per season and this year it's Nomad vanilla (so no need for a new army before Sept. 2019

So I will buy Pano in the next month until I have the mini I want then wait for the resculpt of the others

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Starting November we will see the focus shifting to releasing Varuna troops, and this should last for at least half a year. ASA goes oop in November, it will probably get some farewell gift in form of some new model or a resculpt, after that it'll be safe to get - while stock lasts, of course. MO had a lot of attention and is mostly new (I'd steer clear of Teutons, they might get a resculpt if CB decides to finally rework them). This means that NCA will probably be the next in line, with starter and Auxilia being the obvious choices for resculpts.

Remotes are a question mark. They might or might not get a resculpt soon, and it might or might not be good (I'm not impressed with the new Rebots, for example). Support pack is showing its age, but again, a question mark.

Golem2God and barakiel like this.
  5. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

I'd steer clear of Teutons because they're crap.

Stiopa and eciu like this.
  6. Arkhos94

What about MO starter ? Is he new enough to buy or can we hope for a resculpt ?

Any advice on these references (all old based on the store), buy, not buy or keep on hold for a few month ?
    - Jotum (Svalarheima)
    - Nisse (Svalarheima)
    - Guarda de Assalto (SAA)
    - Knight of Montesa (SAA/MO)
    - Auxilia (NCA)

7. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

there is actuall a 300 point MO box, which is a pretty great buy

Stiopa likes this.
  8. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Jotum is great. Nisse sniper in Icestorm/vanilla starter, Nisse HMG and Nisse Hacker (why CB) are all new and gorgeous. GdA is a no, it’s not aged well. Scale is wrong and the helmet has a bad case of the bug eyes. Knight of Montesa in the new Acon starter is fantastic but the old one is pretty bad. Auxilia are old and pretty ugly, but they also won’t likely be resculpted anytime soon. If you have spare Fusiliers from multiple Icestorms, it’s an easy conversion to Auxilia.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Don't buy any old sculpts, because they are ugly, except for Cutter and REMs, they still look good.

Balewolf and Golem2God like this.
  10. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

In the end it will be up to you, old and new sculpts will still be playable, I would suggest to you buy what looks good to you.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

Ok ya so you might as well wait and see with the support pack/remotes and buy them later if there's no resculpt. I'd do the same with the cutter personally, but everything else is pretty much fair game.

The Guarda de assaulto/Montessa were part of SAA and are getting discontinued so they'll get new sculpts in the distant future but if you want them anytime soon I'd get them now before they're out of stock.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yes, dont touch MO starter.

Id you want MO get 300 pts box.

theradrussian and Golem2God like this.
  13. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Can this please be a Guarda sculpt? The current version is ugly af and the Guarda sees enough vanilla play to justify it.

Stiopa likes this.
  14. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

All and everything

Attached Files:

eciu likes this.
  15. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

i

Dude I took a look at your post history. Show me on the doll where the Father-Knight touched you.

Zsimbi, Zewrath, Deltervees and 4 others like this.
  16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Everywhere. Bostria's comment was meant to say PanO was too good. :P

17. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

You should specifically buy one of every Joan model ever produced. And match those up with one of every Uxia McNeill.

18. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that it is going to be another Akalis Hacker. That's my bet. Remember that when the Ariadna starter was retired, they pulled the Chasseur out to sell separately.

None of the Akalis Sikh stuff has shown up on the list of stuff being retired--it'd go greeeeeeat with the Spitfire Sikh.

19. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Little Dude, it's a sock puppet. I know not for whom -- an embittered Tohaa player maybe ( There are so many of those.) Put it on ignore and move on.

Skip the support pack. It'll get a resculpt along with the new Varuna releases. You can skip the ORCs too, for now. They'll be getting a box for Varuna.

I would very much like either a Montesa Combi/LGL or the Guarda as a parting "gift", much like the Chasseur was for Ariadna. The Guarda over the Montesa, since I can always convert the CCW Hospitaller to be a generic Montesa. (Basically I'd paint it green and white and blue. That was a tough *conversion*). Either way, as noted, you can skip getting these two. They are nice minis, but very dated looking. And tiny compared to the new stuff.

20. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Maybe he never played ariadna

Zewrath, theradrussian and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation