1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird question: which sectorial I'm closest to?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by THEGRAAK, Mar 12, 2021.

1. THEGRAAK

THEGRAAK Member

Hi,
    I've always chosen which miniature to buy because I simply liked it. Hence I have now an assorted vanilla army...I wondered: if I'm gonna delve into a sectorial which one is the closest for my army composition? CLOSEST=less things to buy

Here are the minis I have:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/0gfAQQn

to those you should add the unpainted ones, that are:
    - Ulhan
    - Locust
    - HMG Kamau
    - guarda de assalto
    - swiss guard with HMG
    - swiss guard with ML
    - Kunai solutions ninja

I estimated that a box of bolts or proxied varuna starter (kamaus as bolts) would work quite well for NCA. But I'm not an expert and I would like to have your opinion on the matter of sectorials I could go for!
    Proxying is OK when it's believable, example: kamaus for bolts, a para-trooper for another para-trooper and so on...

Thanks!

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

you have a decent mix of stuff - with a bit of proxxying you can probably get into sval

3. THEGRAAK

THEGRAAK Member

how does sval play? I never considered, that sectorial was not there when I used to play

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I like sval - theyre very straightforward, not many tricks. (as they have little to no camo markers). they mix knights + generalist pano, and boot arguably the best ARO piece in the game (a fully linked karhu(which doesnt have a mini currently))

5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Going to contest you on "best ARO piece", Kamau/Bolt/Grenzer do the FTF rolling better (and are a bit less squishy via various sidegrades). For Sval I prefer the Orc FB for ARO (since he can take a hit) and keep the Karhu hidden for Active turn.

What the Karhu FB however can be called is the highest output linkable troop in the game.
    B4 Feuerbach BS13+3, MSV1, Mimetism. Nothing else can put out potentially 8 DAM14 AP ARM rolls at anywhere close to his reliability.
    The guy makes ARM 8 in Cover look squishy. And can climb anywhere on the table pretty fast, fueled by NCO to make LOF to his target happen like a very tiny very angry Tik.

#5 Teslarod, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  6. SpectralOwl

You could actually play NCA already from what you have, multiple Swiss+Fusilier fireteam+Auxilia support+objective grabbers is a popular archetype.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. THEGRAAK

THEGRAAK Member

Oh thanks! May I ask where I can find the fireteams rules and composition?

8. SpectralOwl

On this page of the CB website:
    https://infinitythegame.com/resources/downloads

Under the Infinity N4 tab, you'll want the Sectorials Charts N4 documents which contain information on which Fireteams are legal for each Sectorial, and and the Infinity N4 Rules Adaptation Annex which contains the current Fireteam rules.

9. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I personally find the wiki to be more readable than the pdf, so here's the fireteam rules on the wiki: https://infinitythewiki.com/Fireteams:_Basic_Rules

For fireteam composition, for 100% certainty it's true that you'd have to check the sectorial charts, but you probably won't go wrong to just look at the unit profiles in Army. They list units that have Fireteam: Core, Haris, Duo, etc., and also say when units can join other units' fireteams.

10. THEGRAAK

THEGRAAK Member

Thank you guys, back in the days fireteams were way more rigid, I used to think I needed those bolts, but it's no longer the case! :D
    Goin' for NCA then, as soon as I find time to study N4 corebook :D :D :D

Urobros and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  11. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

i'am a litle late to the party, but, don't forget now Acontecimento and Neoterra are discontinued, so, you can use "more or less" any miniature. Yet, seeing what you have, you could play Winterforce or Neoterra with almost no proxies. So, go on.

If you read about winter in the forum, probably you will be a little dissapointed, but after a few games I found myself saying that Winter is really playable and the "box of surprises" there is the flexibility in fireteams compositions.

So, welcomme back... "to N4" :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation