1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird question about the Caliban's face mask

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Weathercock, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

With Code One around the corner, I've started to work on a Shasvastii army so that I can have a second Code-One ready army on hand. Now, I've started working on the Caliban, badass little fellow that he is. I'm working on the head, and what I originally thought was a Predator-style open maw is actually a cooler samurai-mempo style face mask. And while I love this little detail, there's one little detail that I'm not entirely sure about.

On the dossier, are the two white parts supposed to be the jawpieces holding it in place, or are they supposed to be some form of piping?

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Look like jawpieces to me. But I also think that it's not a good idea to have them exposed like that.

3. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Yes, I think they are jawpieces. Maybe something he needs for his Protheion? Maybe for grabbing some pieces.

Take a look at the Nox-video from Javier Urena, that shows how their mouth works. They have some extendable jawpieces as well.

4. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Looking at other open-mouthed Shas, if those are jaw pieces, they seem to be unique to the caliban.

5. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, that video is just great.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KakQ34

PozdRawiam / Greetings

toadchild likes this.
  6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

So if it is a part of the jaws, it has to be a part unique to the Caliban then, because the regular mandibles would require the jaw being open, which clearly wouldn't fit inside the mask, and would also have to bend backwards. So as noted above, it could have something to do with Protheion.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

This dossier? Yeah, that looks like some extra gubbins that aren't part of the standard face design.

[​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation