1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waxing poetic about Infinity

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Randomcallsign, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

I just wanted to take a minute to briefly explain my experience with infinity for anybody who cares to indulge my ramblings.
    I've been playing tabletop games of multiple styles and formats for a little over ten years now. A few local friends and I all started up with Infinity about 8 months ago after long layoffs from the tabletop hobby/community. None of us have ever had more fun playing a tabletop game before! Between great sculpts, and incredible online community and easy to use support programs such as the website and army builder aps; along with what is far and away the most balanced rule-set I've ever seen in a game makes this wargame such a treat to play.
    I've won games by wide margins, been tabled, battled out close victories, and even had losses come down to a single die-roll and I've had a blast with every single game.
    Yesterday I played an Ambush mission against our local Warcor-in-waiting that motivated me to write this piece. I took a list that was vastly different that I was used to playing, as did he, and played a game that would seem very unconventional to anybody who wasn't already an infinity player.
    I managed to bring an 8-0 victory point lead into the third and final turn without ever killing a single enemy model. What followed was an amazing struggle for survival that ultimately saw me hold my opponent off for a 6-5 victory. At the conclusion of his final order both of us were all smiles and both winner and loser felt that that particular game was the most fun we'd ever had with miniatures.

In short, thanks Corvus Belli, for making an incredibly immersive, fun, and balanced game that has rapidly eaten up in to as much of my available hobby time as I can possibly allow.

Blakhart, realder and Cothel like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation