1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote for Best release of the month

Discussion in 'News' started by Kakino, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kakino

Kakino Desconfiando de Aleph

Hello to everyone!
    I’m Kakino, an user of old Spanish forum (and casual visitor of old international forum). As we are now living in the same place I would like to introduce you something that we used to do in Spanish forum. When Corvus reveals all the releases of the month we vote to choose which one is our favorite. It doesn’t have any repercussion, just to talk about our preferences and a fast way to see the new miniatures if you haven’t saw them before this month. Also, at the end of the year, we vote to our favorite mini of the year among the best of the month minis.
    I don’t know if you make something similar in international forum but, as I said before, since we use the same forum and we have a bigger community, I want to ask you if you would like to participate in the vote for “Best of the month” and if you prefer to make it among all the forum members or a separate poll for international members/Spanish members.
    Thanks for your attention and waiting for your comments.
    PS: We use to post the “Vote for Best release of the month” in the section News, so that’s why I ask you about it here.

2. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

A grouped thread would be great I think. Good way to gauge the visible community feedback.

Zinho, Elric of Grans and Kakino like this.
  3. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

I see no reason to split something like that up by region. One poll to rule them all should do just fine.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

It would be more interesting to have it grouped, and it should not be difficult to have the Spanish and English name for the unit (if they are even different!). I would definitely participate in this, and would love to see the results!

Abrilete likes this.
  5. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

I like the idea of separate polls. We as regional players make a lot of assumptions about each other, and it would be neat to see some actual numbers instead of just memes about terrain density.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

We are talking about what miniature we like more here, and the votes are not secret. Granted, CB will be able to get better metrics by getting the data from the database directly, but even so...

BTW my favourite new arrival is the 300 pts Onyx box, ordered last friday and arriving home this morning! XD

Abrilete and Kakino like this.
  7. Kakino

The point is that separate pulls doesn't give any regional data at all. We can't assume spanish speakers as spanish players (there are a lot of latin american players too) and the international side/english speakers include too much different countries (Europe/USA/rest of the world). Besides, in this forum, nothing forbids me to go to the international pull and leave my vote there, so I don't see any reason to make two different pulls.
    We can make two different post, one in english section with the pull and another in spanish section with a link to the pull, that way if anyone can leave a comment, can choose in which language.

Golem2God and xagroth like this.
  8. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Would the different preferences for units by region be interesting?

I would rather have a combined poll.

Abrilete likes this.
  9. Elric of Grans

It would be interesting if we assume Spanish speakers are fundamentally different to English speakers. If, instead, we assume both are human beings... perhaps less so?

Abrilete and Robock like this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Or, you know, if we assume that they might have different preferences in aggregate, which hardly makes them "fundamentally different."

11. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I approve the "one poll for all the community", the more people the more accurate results.

sarf and Kakino like this.
  12. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

The poll should probably be "What is the best release of the month that is not Tohaa". Anything Tohaa will always be the best release of the month.

Though I might have to make an exception for the Szalamandra...I need some of that in my life...

Modock and Abrilete like this.
  13. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't explain why Neema is ranked third this month.

14. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Szally is a fairly obvious winner this month.

Wildgit, Modock and Abrilete like this.
  15. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Wait, where is the poll? I'm somewhat confused...

16. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

you are not alone!

17. Kakino

Hi @Sabin76 and @zapp . By now any pull was created and the post was to know the opinion of international members (the Best release pull was something that we used to do in spanish forum).
    I was thinking to start the pulls with January releases (CB don’t show them yet) to have an entire year of votes in the same forum. I also want to create the Best 2017 release pull in this forum, the problem is that I can’t put more than 10 options by question, so in a 12 months pull, it’s a problem.

Abrilete likes this.
  18. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

makes sense to me, looking foward to the overall voting then.

19. Elric of Grans

A suggestion. Perhaps you could do a four-stage poll? Each month find the best of the month, then at the end of the year find the best release for the first half of the year (the #1 for the first six polls) and separately the best release for the second half of the year (the #1 for the second six polls), then the absolute best of the year (a poll between the winners of the two halves --- perhaps the top two of those polls, if the results were super-close).

20. Kakino

For some of them that don't know it, I opened the polls for best 2017 release and Best Januray 2018 release. You can leave your votes here:
    -Best release 2017 – S1/S2 silhouettes: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/best-release-2017-s1-s2-silhouettes.836/
    -Best release 2017 – S4/S5/S6/S7 silhouettes: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/best-release-2017-s4-s5-s6-s7-silhouettes.837/
    -Best release poll - January 2018: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/best-release-poll-january-2018.823/

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation