1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra Política de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

VIRD vs Yu Jing?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Knauf, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm trying to figure out the relationship between VIRD and Yu Jing and what would make for a believable setting for a confrontation, but I have yet to catch up on the newest developments in the fluff.

Who would be the agressor and where would they clash? What are the particular conflicts of interest between the two factions and how are they different from the general PanO vs Yu Jing conflict? Is any of the Yu Jing subfactions known for fighting against VIRD?

Looking forward to your comments!

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead
    Warcor

First and most obvious scenario - YJ is running a smuggling operation to supply Helots with modern weaponry, VIRD strike force intercepts them.

Another: PanO is running clandestine operations to support Japanese rebels in YJ territory, main area of operations is heavily aquatic, so VIRD is chosen for the job.

Make of that what you will

3. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Loads and loads! VIRD has been dispatched to recover advanced CA technology abandoned on Paradiso shoreline following a battle. Yu Jing forces are in the area, but the technology cannot fall into their hands!

4. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

The Frozen Seas of Svarhalheima. . .

An elite squad of V.I.R.D. (comprising Helots with specially insulated "Thermal Conservation" Gillsuits) EITHER defending the Pan-Oceanian Drill Platforms from Guyilangs inserted by "Stealth Boats". . .

Or Pan-O on the offensive; I could swear to have read soemewhere (probably the R.P.G. Book) that Yujing Mining Navies have some kind of "Mammoth Industrial Factory-Ship" able to scoop up "Nodules of Teseum" directly from the icy seabeds of the Planet Fjords. . . . .!!!

5. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant
    Warcor

With the escalating conflict on Paradiso, the Sphere factions are using the chaos to stage a lot of ops against each other. The lore even indicates that the Mowang specializes in that kind of warfare. So I can easily see PanO/YJ sending VIRD/IA on operations of that kind.

Knauf likes this.