1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna with new fireteams- typical lists

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Cranky Old Man, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Cranky Old Man

Cranky Old Man Well-Known Member

So I havent played my Varuna for over a year and I understand the old Kamau sniper/ fusilier core has now got a bit of a nerf. Where do the VIRD land? Whats the typical lists? I play in a heavy hacker meta not sure i want to take the cutter just to get him possessed!

2. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

just keep an extra order to recamo the cutter. I think fusi/kamau core is still relatively good.

3. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

make a full kamau link and add one machinist. still cost efficient and deadly.

Urobros likes this.
  4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Kinda like the Kamau Sniper x2, Kamau, Machinist x2 Link to leverage full Core and stay relatively effective at BS14 even if one of the snipers drops.
    Only problem is that it's tricky to fit that and a Cutter.
    Without a full boni Kamau Core Varuna is kinda sad in N4, I'd rather play Vanilla or NCA instead.

5. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I agree that going for the pure Kamau Core is ideal! I would be pretty nervous about bringing a Cutter in a heavy hacking meta, but you can mitigate it with Zulu Cobras and making sure you don't overextend with your TAG

6. SpectralOwl

Don't forget to bring your own Hacking too, you might not be able to outhack the Usual Suspects but a Zulu Cobra KHD will have no trouble executing the odd SK Hacker gunking up midfield and even a lone unlinked Fusilier Hacker can turn your REMs into a wall against many favoured profiles from the peskiest Hacking factions and force them to engage you inefficiently.

burlesford likes this.
  7. MrChupee

MrChupee Member

I've really liked the KHD profile, but in my mind you'd have to push sources of repeaters up the field quite a lot. But at least the reward is allowing ORCs and other hackers to waltz in safe at least.

At lower point values (like 200 or something) does a double Machinist, Kamau Sniper, Kamau something team still work fine? Can you skimp with Fusiliers and then add in a more serious offensive haris (Like Patsy/Machinist/HRL or similar)?

Everytime I draw up a new list the core does end up looking pretty samey, my attack haris or individual pieces just changes per mission (or set thereof).

8. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I haven't played VIRD yet in ITS 14, and with the boost to sensor bots, I think I'll have to change the way I approach list building. I ran pure Kamau core teams or Kamau sniper plus fusilier teams with reasonable success. Usually the bulk of the defense was done with layered AROs from the core team and 2 helots. Most of the work was done with 3-4 Zulus/Crocmen/Uma. Then, occasionally swap one of them out for the Montesa red fury. Unfortunately, the Montesa can't get cover anymore, so I wouldn't lean into it as a primary striker as much. Although the duo can still gain cover and keep mimetism when they dismount.

It's definitely a harder sell to play with a lot of camo now that the sensor bots are going to show up a lot more. Still, leaning on a couple of strong hackers and a peacemaker could be enough to insulate camo.

9. archon

archon Well-Known Member

But only the dismounted versions. Bikes do not get cover.

https://infinitythewiki.com/Motorcycle

10. yoink101

Yes. Unlike most bikes, they keep their mimetism when they dismount. So it can be worthwhile to use the bikes to get them into position and then dismount to take on harder targets.

11. SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon New Member

But she still have impetuous and cannot benefit from partial cover...

12. yoink101

Which is why I suggested putting them in a duo.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation