1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanilla?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Obeisance, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

Hey so,

LetsL day you were looking to stays vanilla Haqqislam at some point in the future.

What stuff would you grab and why?

I know little about the faction.

2. Obeisance

So let's look at Red Veil/Beyond..

3 Ghulams (Rifle+LS)
    Zhayeden (Rifle+LS)
    Murabid Taureg (Sniper)
    Khawarij (Rifle+LS)
    Al Fasid (HMG+LGL)

Tarik (Spitfire)
    Fiday (DA CCW)
    Ragik (BS)

Which is..
    3 dudes to hide your Lt.
    Veteran rifle guy.
    TO infiltrating sniper.
    HI HMG with SSL1
    Random 4/4 super jumping guy.
    Tarik rambo
    AD troop

If you're not new to the game, would you want these pieces? What would you suggest instead?

3. MikeS1173

MikeS1173 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest adding the QK and Hassissin starter kits + the Ghazi Mutawia boxed sets. This will give you a really broad selection of models to pick from.

QK includes a few hafza for hidden LT and surprise heavy rocket launcher (Thanks to Holo projector, they can deploy an other models.), the al hawwa hacker (infiltrating, camo, Dcharges), and a Djanbazan sniper for MSV. The hassassin starter is more one my "someday soon" list, since I have some of the models via other sculpts, but the Daylami are super cheap ARO/side-of-the-board guards.

I don't mach care for the TO infiltrating sniper-- I like the taureg doc and assault hacker more. There is an argument to push the infiltration into the opposing half of the table, knowing the sniper range is just fine on my own table edge. Plus, this model is bear to assemble.

The Zhayadan and kwaraji rarely see services as well.

4. Masebs

Masebs Member

If you don't have any Haqq yet the red veil sets are amazing value. Pretty much everything in there is very good on the table and will show up in every other list you make.

Of all those pieces Tarik, the Khawarij, and the Zhayedan have the most overlap and are least likely to hit the table at the same time. On the other hand Haqq stuff tends to be less tough and cheaper than other factions equivalents, so having a backup rambo isn't a bad idea. Taking the Zha and the Kha gives you options on who and how to attack.

Red viel has a lot of the big offensive stuff in it, so expanding past that you'd probably want to get the cheaper support units. Ghazi, Naffatun, and Hunzakuts for example.

Getting either of the sectorial boxes to go with RV is a really good idea too, they are both high value and have things vanilla really enjoys.

Past that vanilla is about having options, so picking up stuff like the remote box and some blisters will get you really far.

5. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Ummm...

So are you looking at Haqqislam to play something different than you do now, or for some other reason?

6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Ayyar!

Deltervees likes this.
  7. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I used to say grab the hassasin starter. The old one had models that gave list flavour. The new HB starter is ok, but not amazing(imo). You'll want a Friday, and lasiq at some point when playing Haqq. Also a Djanbzan, just for MSV2.

8. Obeisance

It's a combination of things, really.

I really like the Haqqislam theme, models and I prefer to play order heavy. And yeah, different to what I play now.

I've played Tohaa, but there was too much complaining. My first faction.

I went into Onyx, but found the limitations of remotes frustrating. Dodging, datatrackers, etc.

Went into Vanilla and that's where I am. Really enjoying then, but I'm looking to paint something else/play later.

I actually picked up a discount USAriadna army.. but I don't want to paint them. I kind of see Haqqislam as a less restrictive US with more irregular troops and.. yeah. I kind of had this realisation that USAriadna was a dead end because I don't think anything in the sectorial gets played in Vanilla.

Even though my girlfriend said she'd screen print me a red "Make Ariadna great again" shirt to wear to tournaments. (I'm a left wing Australian)

Haqqislam is way more interesting than USAriadna.

YTonic and Errhile like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

My 2cts:
    Assuming you have nothing, I would start with the following:
    • Red Veil (Haqq part) for extra value, and the very good S5 HI dude (the HRL version lacks smoke, it's less of a swiss army knife).
    • Beyond Red Veil for the good AD trooper, great Fiday and best LI you ever had :p
      • Ghulams will be your Doctor plus. Grab Servitor remotes from everywhere you can!
      • Tuareg Medic or Hacker, never sniper. Medic is my preferred option, to force the enemy to end the Fidays and heal Tarik if needed.
    • QK Starter, run to get it, since it seems like CB wants to discontinue QK. Mind you, the Djanbazan troops are the ONLY MSV2 in the whole faction. You will use more often than not the sniper (also available as blister) and the HMG (specially in Vanilla), since they are inmunne to shock (Regeneration). The Hawwa is THE best troop for the amount of Secondaries he can achieve atm, this might change with the new Classifieds deck; The Odalisque is quite the good troop (best loadout: SMG with SS2 for a lone girl) and the Hafzas allow shenanigans.
    • Hassassin Starter: Daylami for cheap harassing troops (10 points for a shotgun that must infiltrate at -3... or 8pts +0.5SWC for a Pnazerfaust!), Farzan that will pose as Shotgun CoC, Ayyar that can do stuff and Muyib for Smoke and grenades (and Lt option).
    • Muttas box. Be aware that the rumor mill says they will lose smoke outside of Hassassin (I credit this because it would boost the sale of other smokers, like the Kum, and reduce the OPness of a troop considered the most OP and undercosted of the whole game).
    • Saladin's Blister. He is your second default Lt (the first is Tarik + Farzan), and he can run with Tarik (since Strategos lets you use his order).
    • You might want a second Fiday (vanilla can deploy one basic, and the character. Bahram can deploy 2+1!)
    • 1 or 2 Bashi Bazouk, they can give some extra utility or enter in the enemy's face and wreack havoc for 12 points with an SMG... then go into Suppresive Fire if they survive!
    • If, and ONLY IF, you plan to get the Maghariba, get the Support box. Else, don't bother.
    • Remotes: 8 pts orders, and either a Flash pulse or refilling of Disposable stuff. 'Nuff said.
    • Warcor. Always XD

10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

This sounds like you have enough solid experience in the game. You should be able to evaluate most of the laundry list suggestions on your own. So what are you really looking for? A more unique experience than Combined has provided you?

11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Somebody fill this man a shisha!

;)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation