1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanilla Mag List

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by M0rk4, Jan 27, 2020.

1. M0rk4

M0rk4 Member

Hey guys,

I am the lucky owner of a Mag Guard that I would love to use more but I struggle with the compo around it.

I am very curious about what you could do to make Maggy shine.

Here is a list I am currently working on but I am not convinced.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 / 1 / 1
    MAGHARIBA MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 78)
    MAGHARIBA PILOT Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. ()
    MUKHTAR (Multispectral Visor L2) Red Fury, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 37)
    RAGIK Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 26)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    BARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    FARZAN (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2 3 / 4 / 4
    NAFFATÛN Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE Submachine Gun, Chest Mine / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    MONSTRUCKER Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Thanks for your feedback !

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Depends on the mission, of course. But generally what you have there is pretty much what I do with a Maggy: 1 Maggy, one Mukhtar, two other strong pieces ~30pts each, and cheerleaders. That's what fits.

Personally I don't like your Ragik or Farzan as the two extra good units. My list would likely have Al Djabel and Saladin instead. But that's just units I like, it's got nothing to do with it being a Maggy list. I would make various other tweaks which I won't bore you with.

The doctor seems kind of pointless.

You don't necessarily need an engineer in a Maggy list. She doesn't have remote presence which makes engineering her a lot less appealing. But if you do keep the Monstrucker, surely you need a helper bot?

3. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

One engineer can be good to fix things like E/M and glue, and if you have an unconscious maggy, why not try to fix it?

4. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Maggy can be an order hog, and I like to pair Halqas with order hogs. The are great for controlling zones. They start in the zone and you don't have to spend any orders to get there. This leaves all your orders for Maggy who can push forward and grab a different zone. Its just order efficient.

5. M0rk4

M0rk4 Member

Thanks for your answers.

I will use this liste as an alternative to a classic Fiday / Saladin in a futur event. That's why I do not have them here. I am less fan of Saladin without a fday.

@Cannon Fodder I like your idea with the halqas, I could try it one day but for this role I usually use infltrators or AD troopers.

I will remove the doctor, he is not very usfull your right @QueensGambit but I will keep the Monstruker to fix isolation or immobilization !

6. Natsymir

Natsymir Well-Known Member

The standard Combined Army build for Avatar lists always include a Speculo Killer, their impersonator, so I would do the same with Haqq, and pop a Fiday in there. The Standard Avatar List further includes an engineer, and a cloud of skirmishers, so a Najarrun and as many Muttawi'ahs as possible would be good for Haqq. I would bring a Barid hacker as lieutenant for the list, and a Hunzakut, as they're by far the most efficient button pusher in Haqq, and have repeaters to help the killer hacker murder things. While the Barid killer hacker is by far the best in Haqq, thanks to the awesome lightning program, in this case I would swap him for Leila Sharif due to her added utility as a backup striker if we should lose Maggie. I would also definitely add a TR bot, to capitalize on the engineer and hacker that I'm gonna bring anyhow. Actually, because a TAG for Haqqislam always come with an engineer tax, I always, always bring a TR bot if I'm gonna run Maggie. Keeping the Mukhtar, because it's awesome, I'll add a super-points-efficient Ghulam sniper as well.

Haqqislam
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    MAGHARIBA MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 78)
    [​IMG] MAGHARIBA PILOT Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. ()
    FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    BARID Hacker (Hacking Device) Lieutenant Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    MUKHTAR (Multispectral Visor L2) Red Fury, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 37)
    GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]4
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Now, this list has one problem to my mind - the lack of a regular order in the second group, to use in case the Muttawi'ahs get a perfect opportunity to mess with someone. I don't think a Maggie list truly needs an MSV, so I would consider splitting the Mukhtar into two different but cheaper troopers. However, in a pinch, the problem can be mitigated by converting the Warcor's irregular order using a command token.

Bri77le and bladerunner_35 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation