1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid Tunguska Core Links

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by wendigo, Jul 3, 2018.

1. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Pulling this information out of the Tunguska Sectoral Fireteam Chart:
    • SECURITATE Total Core, Special
      • Special Fireteam. The Grenzers count as Securitates for Fireteam composition.
    • GRENZERS, Grenz Security Team 5 Core, Haris, Special
      • Special Fireteam. The Grenzers count as Securitates for Fireteam composition.
      • Special Fireteam. Up to 1 Interventor can join a Grenzers Fireteam.
    • Tunguska INTERVENTORS 4 Special
      • Special Fireteam. Up to 1 Interventor can join a Grenzers Fireteam.
    • RAOUL SPECTOR, Mercenary Operative 1 Special
      • Special Fireteam. Spector FTO count as a Securitate or as a Grenzer for Fireteam composition.
    • PERSEUS, Rogue Myrmidon 1 Special
      • Special Fireteam. Perseus FTO counts as a Securitate for Fireteam composition.
    Both Securitate and Grenzers are listed as being core fireteams. Grenzers can be Securitate. Interventors can be a Grenzer, which can be a Securitate. Raoul can be a Grenzer or Securitate. Persues can be a Securitate.

So does that mean I can mix and match these five unit types to make a "securitate" core fireteam? How does this work exactly? What are the legal members of a Securitate link? What about a Grenzer link? My head hurts.

2. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

As I understand it:

A Securitate Core must have at least 1 securitate, Raoul, or Perseus. After that the other 4 can be any combination of Securitate, Grenzer, Raoul, or Perseus.

A Grenzer core must have at least 1 Grenzer or Raoul. After that the other 4 can be any combination of Grenzer, Raoul, and up to 1 Interventor.

A Grenzer Haris must have a Grenzer Haris profile and the other two can be any combination of Grenzer, Raoul, and up to 1 Interventor.

ijw likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

There's no requirement for an actual Securitate to be in a Securitate Special Fireteam.

Grenzers, Perseus as Raoul all count as Securitate so you can form a Securitate Special Fireteam with any combination of them and any number (including 0) Securitate.

Basically Grenzers count as Securitate, Securitate don't count as Grenzers. This means you can build a Securitate link of only Grenzers but Securitate can't be in a Grenzer link.

Raoul + Interventor is a valid Grenzer Special Fireteam (but it takes up your core slot and can only be joined by Grenzers; you can make it a Grenzer Specisl Fireteam Haris by adding adding the Grenzer Haris)

Hollowmen can Core with or without the Stempler FTO.

Perseus FTO + Raoul FTO + Stempler (the normal one) form the 'cool kids' Special Fireteam Haris. You can't form this without all three.

For funsies: this has a stupid amount of link options depending on what you need it to do.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SECURITATE (Repeater) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] SECURITATE Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] SECURITATE Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] GRENZER (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] GRENZER Spitfire / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] PERSEUS FTO (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / 2 Pistols, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] SPECTOR FTO (Regular) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, E/M2 CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    [​IMG] STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

3.5 SWC | 239 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#3 inane.imp, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    wendigo, E-Warden and ijw like this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Looking at Army this morning, they've updated the AVAs and link skills.

Grenzer core and HM core are definitely a thing!

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Note that Interventors can join a Grenzer Fireteam, they do not count as Grenzers. So there is no way to ever have an Interventor and a Securitate in the same Fireteam.

Teslarod, wendigo, E-Warden and 5 others like this.
  6. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Thanks, guys.

So I guess the big takeaway is that your core link is either Securitate/Grenzer/Raoul/Perseus, or Grenzer/Interventor/Raoul. Do I have that right?

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

yes, for the LI core and MI core.

You can also have the HI core of Hollowmen/StemplerFTO, not sure why it was left out of opening post.

8. inane.imp

There's no requirement for the Stempler FTO in the HI core.

You can have a Hollowmen Fireteam or a Hollowmen Special Fireteam of Hollowmen/StemplerFTO. Both are legal.

9. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

sorry for the confusion. i was using the same format as wendigo in that Securitate/Grenzer/Raoul/Perseus obviously does not mean must have 1 of each. Hollow/Stempler, while not as obvious due to few elements, I meant Hollow and/or stempler. Although i'm not sure "and/or" is the correct term either as you cannot have a core of only stempler.

10. inane.imp

Yeah, I'd do it as Grenzer/Raoul+Interventor not Grenzer/Raoul/Inteventor.

There's been a lot of people assuming that you needed the Stempler FTO in the Hollowmen link (al la Grrls in StarCo) because people haven't actually read the PDF. So my answer was - in part - reflexsive: sorry for that.

Robock likes this.
  11. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

I think grenzers just like to bully interventors

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] GRENZER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] GRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] GRENZER Missile Launcher / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] GRENZER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    2 SWC | 131 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Interventor- "Hey guys can I join your link"
    grenzers- "No we are a securitate link go away"
    interventor- "naaaw"

12. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I left it out because I wasn't confused by it. Sorry, I wasn't intending to create a comprehensive list of Tunguska core links, just to clarify the Securitate vs. Grenzer link confusion. Perhaps I could have come up with a better thread title.

I'm still working on how desirable an Interventor is in a Grenzer link. Obviously, an SSL2 Interventor is an amazing upgrade. I always get burned by the "everybody does the same thing" clause when my hacker is trying to ARO and I want to shoot with the other link members at the same time. So it seems like not a great thing to have in an ARO link with a sniper/ML.

I'm not also not very keen on an aggressive MI 4-2 MOV link either, although I know that isn't universally agreed on. (Hi, Loricus! :) ). Of course, with AVA 4 Interventors, perhaps I will have an Interventor in the link and a few more scattered around to cover all my bases. I also like the idea of four solo Interventor KHDs cybermasking and moving up the board on coordinated orders. List building in Tunguska is interesting indeed.

loricus likes this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I used Perseus, two Securitate, a Grenzer Sniper and a Grenzer Spitfire against USAriadna recently, they did great.

14. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I basically don't use any aggressive links except for Duos and a rare Haris and it will probably stay that way as long as the cheap weapons are the ones given templates.

15. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

So basically, let me clarify this once more.
    When you create a fireteam, you can see it as declaring an abstract "Fireteam type X of unit Y" being brought into existence, then immediately fill it with anyone who either counts as Y or can join a Fireteam of Y. Is that right?

Of course, then there are still Special Fireteams that aren't exactly "Fireteam of unit Y", but the principle stays the same.

loricus likes this.
  16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes.

loricus and Barrogh like this.
  17. inane.imp

I'm legitimately curious, what other options are there?

18. Barrogh

Aside from legal ones? Given the nature of the thread, none :P

For some reason, probably misguided by "special rules can allow Fireteams" bullet in Creation section combines with the fact linkability is lumped with special rules in Army, and also the description of the process which requires creation of fireteam after deployment of participants, I thought that linkable unit X with Fireteam: Whatever "rule" is what creates a Fireteam: Whatever of Xs.

Implication of this reading (incorrect since those linkability remarks are not actually Special Rules of a trooper) is that under that you could not create a Securitate link without at least 1 real Securitate.

On a side note, CB said that RTF will also have some generous link options. Seeing what options everyone these days gets, I expect some madness.

inane.imp likes this.
  19. inane.imp

Which is also why people think that Securitate + Grenzer Haris + X is a legal Haris. Because they're all linkable together and there's a Haris profile.

Yeah. I see that now. I hadn't really considered that way of understanding the link rules.

20. Barrogh

Wait until someone argues that there is no way to fill an entity called "Grenzers fireteam" because Grenzers actually count as Securitates and therefore the only unit that can join that entity is a single Interventor due to an explicit permission, but a single trooper cannot maintain a Fireteam.

Yes, I'm just fooling around at this point. I suppose that should actually read "may count as Securitate".

I smell the same reading I've described in my previous post here. Is that what you mean?

loricus likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation