1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USAriadna Wishlisting

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Imperator Wolf, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Imperator Wolf

With N4 coming out soon there are a number of places that USAriadna falls somewhat short. As such I am trying to go through their units and give what I would do if I were updating them. Of course, as I don't know how things will change in N4, this pretty much entirely based in the N3 rules. I am listing the changes for each unit under 1 of 3 tiers, 1 is things that will actually make a unit viable, 2 is bigger changes that would be nice without changing the unit much, and 3 is for overhauls and wish listing that I don't expect to happen. The are a few things that would qualify as much broader changes that I won't be including with each unit, like adding marksman rifles and red furies as options.

#1 Imperator Wolf, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Thandar and McKaptain like this.
  2. Imperator Wolf

Light Infantry
    112, Emergency Service
    1. n/a
    2. ability to join fire teams
    3. n/a
    • The trauma doc doesn't really need change, but they are only really useful for pushing buttons and the lack of cubes means they are not very efficient at actually patching up unconscious models. The best option for him would probably to allow him to join fire teams, either as a wildcard or a special fire team with grunts or minutemen.
    6th Airborne Rangers Reg.
    1. drop the Lt. profile
    2. replace the Lt. profile with an NCO or Chain of Command profile.
    3. n/a
    • The Airborne Rangers are in a solid position, but the Lt. profile is almost useless. Replacing with an NCO profile or Chain of Command profile would be much more useful.
    Dozers, Field Engineers
    1. n/a
    2. n/a
    3. n/a
    • No changes necessary, they do their job as an efficient engineer fine.
    Roger Van Zant, Captain of the 6th Airborne Ranger Reg. "Oklahoma"
    1. n/a
    2. n/a
    3. gain shock immune, or upgrade dogged to NWI
    • Van Zant is rightly infamous, and doesn't actually need any changes. Giving him shock immune or upgrading his dogged to NWI is entirely wish listing.
    The Unknown Ranger
    1. gain shock immune
    2. upgrade rifle to AP or T2, gain NCO profile, gain veteran
    3. gain bio-immunity, move scavenger to a specific profile to reduce cost of other profiles, gain an AD: airborne infiltration profile.
    • The Unknown Ranger is fun, but the lack of shock immunity really hurts him, especially with the increased proliferation of shock weapons like the red fury. Upgrading the chain of command profiles rifle to AP or T2 would also help him as that profile is quite expensive for only having a rifle. An NCO profile with the same armament would also be nice, as would gaining veteran as he is quite vulnerable to being isolated. The bio-immunity is admittedly complete wish listing as is the AD profile, however removing scavenger from his base profile would help bring his cost down, given how rarely it actually sees use.
    Wardrivers, Mercenary Hackers
    1. n/a
    2. replace the defensive hacking device with an assault hacking device
    3. n/a
    • The wardriver does his job fine, although an assault hacking device would be much more useful as a counter to TAGs and HI then a defensive hacking device.
    The Unknown Ranger
    1. n/a
    2. all to join minutemen fire teams
    3. n/a
    • Wild Bill doesn't need any profile changes, however only being only to join grunts limits his mobility.

#2 Imperator Wolf, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  3. Imperator Wolf

Medium Infantry
    Grunt Intel Rosalind Rosie Monroe
    1. n/a
    2. n/a
    3. n/a
    • Rosie is fine, she doesn't need any changes
    Marauders, 5307th Ranger Unit
    1. lose dogged (see minutemen)
    2. n/a
    3. n/a
    • The marauders are really strong right now, so much so that they overshadow their main competition in their price slot, the minutemen. This could be resolved without any big changes by moving their dogged rule over to the minutemen. The role for the marauders is mid board control through forward deployment and a lot of short range firepower. Dogged helps, but isn't necessary for this role, and giving both units the rule would blur the line between their roles.
    Marauders, 5307th Ranger Unit
    1. gain a non-FO rifle profile
    2. fireteam options
    3. n/a
    • The mavericks are strong in their role, and don't need much. The only things I would do is add a non-FO rifle profile to allow their use as a suppressive fire platform without a swc cost. They would also benefit from fireteam options, though these aren't really necessary.
    USAriadna Grunts, Line Rangers Regiments
    1. n/a
    2. n/a
    3. +1 WIP, maybe lose shock immunity
    • The grunts are really strong right now, and don't actually need any changes. The only change I would like to see would be them gaining +1 WIP to match the line kazaks, and maybe losing shock immune to keep the cost from increasing much. The shock immune doesn't give that much benefit most of the time as it is rarely worth the orders to try and get a grunt up, especially since the rolls might very well just kill them. However, this is just something I would love to see, and not something I expect to happen.

4. Imperator Wolf

Heavy Infantry
    5th Minutemen "Ohio"
    1. gain dogged (see minutemen)
    2. gain veteran, gain visor options, lose kinematica to reduce cost
    3. immune to the imm-1 from e/m weapons,
    • This is the big one, minutemen are in a bad place right now. Their only real job is to add a big gun to a grunt fireteam. The simplest change would be to give them the marauder's dogged, since it has synergy with their shock immune and gives them an identity as the durable line holders. They would also benefit from veteran, given the complete lack of the special rule in USAriadna. Another idea would be to give them visor options, either giving the x-visor to other profiles or giving them access to msv1 on all the profiles. They could also lose kinematica to keep their cost down. Finally, it would be nice if they could somehow be granted immunity from the imm-1 from e/m weapons. It doesnt make sense that they are immune to hacking, but still be immobilized by an emp. This could be through a special rule, or just make them light infantry.
    Blackjacks, 10th Heavy Rangers Battalion
    1. n/a
    2. Mk12 option
    3. hack immune
    • The only things I would like to see with the blackjacks would be a mk12 profile to give them a 0 swc option, and to make hack-immune, though I don't expect the latter to ever happen even though people tend to be surprised when they learn that they are hackable.

5. Imperator Wolf

Remotes
    Traktor Mul, Artillery and Support Regiment.
    1. n/a
    2. n/a
    3. n/a
    • I haven't used the artillery profiles myself, and I hear mixed responses to them. As such, and given that the baggage bots do their job just fine, I will leave these guys alone.

6. Imperator Wolf

Skirmishers
    7th Foxtrot Rangers 'Newport'
    1. n/a
    2. minelayer profile
    3. n/a
    • The foxtrot rangers do their job as a cheap and efficient camo unit just fine. The only thing I would add would be a mineplayer profile.

Hardcases, 2nd Irreguler Frontiersmen Battalion
    1. n/a
    2. gain veteran
    3. n/a
    • The only thing I would give the hardcases would be veteran to better fit their backstory.

7. Imperator Wolf

Warbands
    Desperados
    1. n/a
    2. n/a
    3. n/a
    • Desperados are fine as they are.
    Devil Dog Teams, 2nd Assault Bat. of the USAMC
    1. cheaper heavy shotgun profile
    2. profile without the antipode
    3. n/a
    • The Devil Dog chain rifle is fine, but the heavy shotgun profile is way to expensive given his poor BS. It would also be nice to have a cheaper profile without the antipode.

8. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

If the 112 gains the ability to join fireteams, and I think he should, do should the dozer.

Also, I would like to see Medic rolls from a Doctor NOT kill the subject on a failed roll. I get it on paramedics. But if the doctor didn’t kill people he’d be far more viable. And all the shock immune profiles would be much better.

9. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd love to see a simple swap to increase the minutemen's viability.
    Marauders=lose paramedic option, gain forward observer.
    Minutemen=lose forward observer, gain paramedic.

Marauders medikits and dogged don't play well together, but forward deployment and FO do.
    Minutemen need a boost of some kind, medikits combined with their better than terrible wip and shock immunity makes sense
    ....AND THERE'S A DAMN MEDPACK SCULPTED ON THE MODEL

wuji and Cabaray like this.
  10. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I'd see Marauders lose dogged, but gain mimetism, they're jungle fighters after all, then add dogged to Ohio. That'd differentiate them all enough to me.... or i'll still take automedikits on Ohio, haha.

11. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Ohio should become more of a true HI. Shock Immune and NWI. Drop Kinematica. ARM4. Maybe T2 rifles as default.

Marauders are fine. Dogged lets you use them as speedbumps or rush with a flamethrower.

Blackjack MK12 and Heavy Flamer setup would be fun.

Unknown ranger needs a price drop and decent gun. T2 Rifle would be nice...

Bobman likes this.
  12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I feel like Marauders should get shock immunity in line with the rest of the faction. They wear the same Armour as grunts.

13. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

No, and let's stop wishing for the combination Shock imm + NWI shit. Right now Minutemen are costed in the lower 20s, lower 30s when equipping very heavy weapons. That's the right cost for a MI, which is essentially what the bad called Ariadna HIs are. They are MIs with a tag of HI.

It's ok if you want to ask for a rework so that they get a role to cover, but then propose creative ideas instead of asking for the lazy and unbalanced let's give shock + NWI so that they get two real pseudowounds. Shock Imm + NWI is a sin in Infinity game development that made evident at the end of N3 that the tag HI applied to high tech HIs just meant an unit gets several debuffs in addition of applying a tax to the skills added, with not a single benefit.

14. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Then the only 'rework' by your logic is that Ariadna cease to have Heavy Infantry outside of the S5 stuff.

But hey, let's do the same to every faction.

15. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

NWI+Shock Immunity is a natural stopgap between MI and "real" HI, and while it's overly used elsewhere it'd be the perfect format to represent Ariadna HI.

Errhile likes this.
  16. Bobman

Bobman MERC

Minutemen definitely need something imo. The lower cost profiles seem fine, but the HMG doesn’t feel justified in the Grunt team as you don’t get much for the points over the Grunt HMG. Whether you go the NWI+Shock Imm is another matter as that brings it alongside the Vet Kazak.

I don’t know. I want to use the Minutemen. I bought the box when I started USARF. But they just lack imo.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Minutemen are in a weird place in a weird sectorial that was always billed as 'defensively minded', yet lacks units that really feel 'defensive' in nature. It doesn't help that for whatever dumb reason they insisted on bringing in the 'derp cowboys!!11!!" bullshit or things like the dual flamethrower wielding Minuteman model.

Anyways, I'd give the AP HMG its own Sapper profile that can't be part of any Fireteams but gains FA. Same for the Blackjacks.

Bobman and Golem2God like this.
  18. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

What if Minutemen got the new Regen/automedikit? Normal PH roll during the State phase to get back up? Contrasts nicely with the Marauder's Dogged.

Bobman likes this.
  19. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

And would somehow justify the first aid kit on the belts of the model.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6.1 mit Tapatalk

20. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

This is why I've wanted Automedikits all along! Even before the states phase thing, it uses the medikit on the mini, and gives them a unique amount of survivability in Ariadna.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation