1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USAriadna List: the super-obvious feint

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Marsyas01, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Marsyas01

Marsyas01 New Member

So I have been building my USAriadna, and though they will never replace the FRRM as my favorite Ariadna sectorial, they are a close second. Was hoping to use this list against a very clever and sneaky opponent who plays Yu Jing. Are there any obvious holes here? Is my feint as amazingly obvious and silly as I fear it is, or is there a chance I might actually fool my opponent with it?

(The feint being the Hardcase bringing two camo tokens to the board to make it look like I have a more standard two-foxtrot list when I'm actually planning to hit him with Van Zant and airborne rangers.)

[​IMG] Silly Feint
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]
    MINUTEMAN (Marksmanship L1, X-Visor) AP Rifle, 2 Light Flamethrowers / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)[​IMG]
    GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)[​IMG]
    GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)[​IMG]
    GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)[​IMG]
    GRUNT (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)[​IMG]
    GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)[​IMG]
    HARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]
    DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)[​IMG]
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)[​IMG]
    TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)[​IMG]
    MARAUDER (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)[​IMG]
    MARAUDER Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)[​IMG]
    MARAUDER Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)[​IMG]
    AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)[​IMG]
    AIRBORNE RANGER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 24)[​IMG]
    VAN ZANT AP Rifle / Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 38)[​IMG]
    112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)

3 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

2. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Imo too many points starting off the board (1/4th of the list, nearly) and not enough ranged weapons (3 SWC spent). You'd be better off throwing out one ranger and adding 2 Infiltration Grunts or -Ranger and some points somewhere else + 1more Hardcase 1 more Foxtrot.

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I would suggest to put on ranger to the other combat group.
    And like Alkalyn wrote delete one complete.

4. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

A couple of things I see that could be issues with your list:
    You've got 83 points off the board. A Savvy player with experience against US will know something is not on the table. Our camo tokens just arent expensive enough to make the math add up. Whenever I see two minesweepers and no HMGs I know there's something scary waiting for me that I don't know about. In addition, having that much off the board puts you in danger of being in retreat if you go second and have a lousy first turn.

I would suggest dropping the boarding shotgun airborne to add a FO foxtrot and upgrading one of the traktors to a katyusha.

Alternatively if you really wanted to mislead you could just drop the airborne for two more hardcases.
    In my opinion six camo markers would go a long way to covering up van zant and the airborne but still leaves you a bit light on long range support.

5. mightymuffin

mightymuffin Well-Known Member

Another factor you'll have to worry about - depending on when you're planning to drop your AD troops down - is that the Hardcases are Irregular. So once you put down your order pool then a wily opponent should expect that many Hardcases & adjust their calculations accordingly.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation