1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undertown table

Discussion in 'Antenocitis Workshop' started by Arkhos94, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I nearly finished building my undertown table. Here are some pics. Don't hesitate posting yours

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

But where's the objective room? I thought OR was a staple of many Infinity games...

3. Arkhos94

It's not in any mission any more so no need for it

PS : Mission played on the pictures is the grid

4. Varsovian

I see!

BTW. Is that an AW mat? Please tell me, is it good? Is it slippery on the printed side?

5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I didn't realize until the other day that is pre-printed. Looks great!

reaper1714 likes this.
  6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

They used to be (previous ITS seasons). Not so much in the current ITS season.

7. Arkhos94

Yes it is. No problem of it being slippery : it is very much like a mousepad.

chromedog likes this.
  8. Varsovian

Well, my mousepad is very slippery, actually - that's why I thought I'd ask before I order this mat... :)

Anyway, cool table!

9. reaper1714

reaper1714 Annoying genocidal machine

Holy Goodness! I didn't neither! I just thought it was shown like this for commercial purposes!

#9 reaper1714, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  10. Yoshimoto74

Yoshimoto74 Member

Wonderful stuff! I am also in the long process of assembling and painting my pledge from the KS atm. I decided to airbrush and paint some of the interiors and exteriors of the buildings just to decrease the amount of grey and to bring a bit of color and character into the buildings.

The mat looks very high quality and I like that it is a darker grey to let the colors of the terrain stand out more.

11. MAlgol

MAlgol I couldn't tackle the bear

An odd question perhaps what what color is used for the buildings. Some shade of brown for the darker and sand for the lighter?
    Really like the color scheme and like to use it for my own buildings.

cheers!

12. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

It's all prepainted,

The black bits are black, the outerwalls are grey and the inner walls vary from building to building

13. MAlgol

I know they are prepainted, but I'm painting other buildings. I don't think they are black and gray, do you have them yourself and knows for sure
    ? Seen other pictures and they seem to be have a more brownish and sand hue.

14. Yoshimoto74

Yoshimoto74 Member

Maybe the pictures you saw still had the masking tape on the outside of the buildings. When you have removed the masking tape, you will see the buildings have been primed in the colours as mentioned above.

15. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

I have them myself, the trim is black and the walls are grey (quite similar to one of the vallejo greys - at work at the moment so I can't check the name.) Quite a few people (myself included) have used the pre-paint as a base coat, either to add weathering or just to straight up change the painting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yoshimoto74 and timberfox like this.
  16. MAlgol

I'm thinking about the official pictures from the shop. Perhaps it's just the lighting and reflections (or my screen) from things around it that makes it look more brownish, yours clearly are black.

17. vegeta365

vegeta365 New Member

Looking great!

Very late responding to this but I have built 8 of the 9 buildings now and then need to move into the other elements so starting to get there now and just had a couple of questions:

What paints/colours have you used for the tri ad boards (like at the front of this photo) and the other scatter like the darker Frey Street lamps? Woyld be great to know how you painted them?

When you get to the hanging signs and shop signs have you simply used a very sharp craft knife to cut the signs? Was it difficult doing the circular ones? When attaching the signs to the msg are you using pva glue (watered down?) or the same glue that comes with the kits?

Thanks a lot.

18. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Knife or scissors (for curved bits) Just used the same glue as came with the kits for mine :)

19. Arkhos94

Regarding the resin elements : I painted them with GW paints . I will need to check but if I remember correctly :
    - tri ad are in celestra grey + leadbleacher (or stormhost silver, can't remember)
    - street lamp : I used a mix of light and dark grey : mechanicus standard grey for most part and (need to check again) eshin grey for the "line". The metallic parts on the top were done with leadbleacher

Regarding the hanging sign :
    - I cut them mostly with scissor. I used a craft knife for the "harder parts"
    - the sign of the building are easly done (no complicated shape). Just check before gluing to be sure it fits (check from behind the sign to be sure the white back of the photo print isn't showing
    - some of the shape of the billboard pack are harder to do
    - I glued them using the super-phastic glue you could order with the KS (available in antenocitis website)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation