1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umbra centric list

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Paperclip, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Paperclip

Paperclip Active Member

Hi guys, dipping my toes into CA for 2019 and I really love the umbra model. Is it better to play the umbra(either version) as a main point in vanilla or onyx ?

2. Tickle Monster

Tickle Monster Active Member

Personally I prefer to include Umbra in an Onyx list rather than a vanilla list. My vanilla lists usually centre around one of the EI aspects and as such points are pretty tight.

The Umbra are both somewhat expensive and squishy for the points you pay for them although the Samaritan becomes a beast if he manages to take something out in cc.

As such I find myself rarely having room for them in a vanilla list but I often take them in an Onyx list either as solo attack pieces or as part of a link.

That being said there is no reason why you can't put an Umbra in a vanilla list. Whilst they can be tricky to play well both of the Umbra can add a unique dimension to your list.

xagroth likes this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I think it might be about even for either faction (Vanilla vs. Onyx). You have great fireteam synergies with Onyx, but few ways to get your CC bruisers into CC without risk. Having a spitfire available on both Umbras helps, but sometimes you'd rather bring a different profile.

In Vanilla, you have an abundance of smoke, so you are probably more likely to get your Umbra into CC as long as you can deal with any MSV threats. That said, @Tickle Monster is right about being starved for points if you are leading with an Aspect... and why wouldn't you be leading your Vanilla army with an Aspect?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation